Most is your most played PRS model ?

What Core PRS Model do you play the most ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a moving target for me. I change up the guitars I have out and play. Right now it is my 06 CU22 with 57/08 pickups in it. I am really loving that guitar. It is the first PRS I ever bought. When not playing that one I am usually playing my 594. I chose McCarty variant in the poll. The reason is one of these guitars is a McCarty variant and the other has McCarty switching from the factory.

Mine varies by week .. and the type of music I'm playing . The Mc Soapy and Singlecut get the most play time .. the fancier , prettier ones much less often

Right now I am playing the poop out of my $139.00 Fesley I got on Amazon. Installed a PRS tremolo, Gotoh vintage, staggered post, locking tuners and sone pretty knobs. I've had it 2 weeks and can't leave it alone!!

As far as PRS - all McCarty variants....594, DGT, HBII, and to a lesser degree a 245.

Just had a rip through them all this morning...I REALLY need to Play the PS much more.
It stood out head and shoulders above the rest ( as it should) for tone and sheer ease of playability.
The neck is like butter and suits me down to the ground .

And second in line was the 02 Emerald Green CE 22, real slinky slick maple neck that also just fit like a glove.

Changes ahead!

Started with a DC22 Maple top. It was really nice, but the first time I played a McCarty it felt like it was made specifically for me. I've had a few Ted McCarty's, an SC-58 and a couple DC22, but think I've given up on everything but a good ol' McCarty. They sure are fun!

I was sitting on the porch strumming my lil Koa GS Mini-e while waiting for my bud to show up. He arrives to jam and says , Man you play that guitar the most , and it cost the least " The reason: I always carry it with me so no matter where I end up I have something to play . So is it my #1 .. hmm

now there's a question .... Is your "Favorite guitar" the one you play most , or the one that's the prettiest / most $$ ??????? which could certainly apply to many areas of our lives ...

I was sitting on the porch strumming my lil Koa GS Mini-e while waiting for my bud to show up. He arrives to jam and says , Man you play that guitar the most , and it cost the least " The reason: I always carry it with me so no matter where I end up I have something to play . So is it my #1 .. hmm

now there's a question .... Is your "Favorite guitar" the one you play most , or the one that's the prettiest / most $$ ??????? which could certainly apply to many areas of our lives ...
My favorite is my McCarty 594 HBII. I would say it is tied for my prettiest guitar with my CU24 PS. Reason the McC is my favorite is mostly because of it's light weight. I can wear it literally all day with no discomfort. With both of my CU24's, after two hours or so, they start diggin' in to my shoulder. This could probably be alleviated with a wider strap to some extent, but I am already using a 2.5" leather strap. On a lesser note, the tones of my McC HBII are more suited to the material I am currently doing as well, so I have not been pressing the issue of playing the others more because they don't fit as well with current material. So my fav is the one I play the most and is also one of the 2 prettiest guitars I have (I have 13 total if you include basses and uke).

Just had a rip through them all this morning...I REALLY need to Play the PS much more.
It stood out head and shoulders above the rest ( as it should) for tone and sheer ease of playability.
The neck is like butter and suits me down to the ground .
I know this sounds crazy, but PS guitars are underrated - as instruments!

I realize they're serious objects of desire, but mostly we hear about the looks and the oohs and ahhhs. Lots of folks think they're only about the bling, which isn't the case.

They are different from Core models. Notice I'm not saying 'better', I'm saying 'different'.

Whether a player likes them better is another matter. In general, I do.

Most of my PRS' are PS models at the moment, I only have one Core. But that's not saying much, because I only have a few guitars.

"How long do you think that will last?"

"I'll get out my Magic 8 Ball and see what it says. Hmmm. It says 'Reply hazy, try again'. OK. Now it says, 'Better not tell you now'. So I give up. No news is good news, and all that."

"You don't want the Magic 8 Ball to say, "Don't count on it because you're going to be run over by a garbage truck in two weeks'. That's why it says 'Better not tell you now'." The Magic 8 Ball doesn't want you to worry excessively."

"Kind of a stinky way to go, wouldn't you say?"

"I doubt you can avoid at least some stench on your way out. A garbage truck is as good as anything else."

"I'm hoping for something more fun: 'He died while having sex. What a way to go!'. Something like that."

"OK, but d-d-d-don't do it in the road. Because you'll be pushing your luck. You know, garbage truck."

I suck, I’m not playing anything. I even have a NGD from two weeks ago that I haven’t posted yet. Not playing any guitars lately

C’mon dude.

Santana (shaped) or GTFO.

Yep, I can play -

However the SE245 gets equal playtime.

"I'm hoping for something more fun: 'He died while having sex. What a way to go!'. Something like that."

"OK, but d-d-d-don't do it in the road. Because you'll be pushing your luck. You know, garbage truck."

Hard on the old knees though!

Back