Most Underappreciated Vocalist

Huh? I don’t think I meant what you think I meant. I just meant that for some reason my mind was only coming up with the opposite to what you wanted, meaning over-rated vocalists. At that moment the only underappreciated vocalists I could think of were ones that probably others on here hadn’t known about. And I linked someone who I like a lot but who isn’t well known.

But sorry if I’m always bitter. I hope that’s not my reputation on here. That would kind of suck.

Edit: the artist I linked has a super unique voice but I think it’s pretty cool.

It's all good. I'm just a little sensitive at times.
:)

I'll get grief for this, but Cyndi Lauper has an incredible voice. Look past her pop/new wave hits and you'll be surprised.

Not from me either. I've had the pleasure of seeing her a couple of times in the last 10 years. Great shows!

The late Ray Gillen, along with one of my faves Jake E Lee in the criminally underappreciated band Badlands:

Loved his voice. You're right on the money about Badlands being criminally under appreciated. Did you get into Red Dragon Cartel at all?

Loved his voice. You're right on the money about Badlands being criminally under appreciated. Did you get into Red Dragon Cartel at all?
A bit. It's kind of hit/miss. There's a new album coming which I hope is more coherent.

Maybe Jake E Lee was retired for so long that it'll take a few tries.

A bit. It's kind of hit/miss. There's a new album coming which I hope is more coherent.

Maybe Jake E Lee was retired for so long that it'll take a few tries.

I felt the same way, and hope the same thing about the new one. It was just nice to have some new music from him.

I'll get grief for this, but Cyndi Lauper has an incredible voice. Look past her pop/new wave hits and you'll be surprised.

Not from me, either. Very powerful voice. Got to see the Detour tour, and she killed it. I was looking forward to "I Drove All Night" - I think it was the third song in the set, and man, she nailed it and got an enthusiastic standing ovation that took me by surprise.

Same tour, different show...

I felt the same way, and hope the same thing about the new one. It was just nice to have some new music from him.

Badlands were such an amazing band. Saw them in 89, one of their US first shows in Tampa as an opening act for Tesla & Great White. Jake had a knee immobilizer on. Waited so long for new music and the Cartel was a let down. The singer is such a disappointment, to this day I cannot listen to the entire album. Hopefully the new disc will be an instrumental (HA)

A-110593-1449578430-6807.jpeg.jpg

I will go out on a limb and declare that Paul Rodgers (Free, Bad Company) is the greatest rock and roll singer of all time and still delivers the goods decades later.

Nancy Wilson has incredible singing ability, although she doesn't use it very often.

I agree. Unfortunately for her, she was in a band with sister Ann...who has one the best sets of pipes in rock, male or female imho.

I mentioned him in the other thread on bands that should've been bigger, but Steve Walsh of Kansas was a great singer.

Not from me, either. Very powerful voice. Got to see the Detour tour, and she killed it. I was looking forward to "I Drove All Night" - I think it was the third song in the set, and man, she nailed it and got an enthusiastic standing ovation that took me by surprise.

Same tour, different show...

Smokes Celine Dion for artistry.

Well......he’s certainly not under-rated. ;)
No he’s certainly not.

Always loved David Coverdale, during his Northwinds/DC’s Whitesnake era, very subtle and exposed emotionally!

It’s quite ”Rodgeresque” also listening to it again after many years it’s got similarities to George Michael’s vocal phrasing also.

Back