Battery powered amp or PA suggestions

Huggy Love

Vintage member
Getting geared up for playing out this year, looking at battery powered options.
As far as I see & hear that Cube street EX has the biggest sound in that kind of package, and the capability to have a channel for my vocalist in small situations, but some of those small battery powered PA systems look like they could be a better option. There's just less info and availability to test out.

Suggestions and experienced advice appreciated.

No experience with these. I’ve heard for the money the street cube is pretty decent. I did check out a few of the previous generation battery powered PAs, (still available) but most of them came off sounding like toys to me. Some of the newer ones are supposed to be much better, but I would try before you buy.

More importantly, does this mean you’re doing better and playing more again?

Getting geared up for playing out this year, looking at battery powered options.
As far as I see & hear that Cube street EX has the biggest sound in that kind of package, and the capability to have a channel for my vocalist in small situations, but some of those small battery powered PA systems look like they could be a better option. There's just less info and availability to test out.

Suggestions and experienced advice appreciated.

Saw a busker yesterday, in Dundee centre, using a Cube amp. It was tiny, but the sounds out of it were top notch.

Back