I Got An Itch...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;82601 said:
Now that would be cool! Have you ever seen an old (true pre-factory) PRS P90-bucker? Look up Sourcerer's Apprentice.
Oh, now that would be cool. Talk about unique. Sort of an early 408 treble almost, like he had the idea for those way back then.

But, what I meant was the regular P-90 rout looks to be twice the depth into the body. My SE One had a very shallow rout and this one looks like it was made significantly deeper to fit a very tall pickup.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;82601 said:
Now that would be cool! Have you ever seen an old (true pre-factory) PRS P90-bucker? Look up Sourcerer's Apprentice.

Mind just blown.....

04.jpg

04b.jpg

Hello!
Man please, let us know how it sounds if you really put this lipstick in neck position! I have a Singlecut SE and i´m about to do the same in the neck position.. Ok it´s mahogany but i believe it´s going to produce some 'unique' tones. Anybody have ever tried to do that??

Hello!
Man please, let us know how it sounds if you really put this lipstick in neck position! I have a Singlecut SE and i´m about to do the same in the neck position.. Ok it´s mahogany but i believe it´s going to produce some 'unique' tones. Anybody have ever tried to do that??

I have another "PTC Custom" with a lipstick in the neck position. It pairs incredibly well with the Starla pickup in the bridge position and the power-out-of-phase setting Mr. Skitchy wired up is quite funky.

Good to know that! Thanx! Do you know if it pairs well with the original bridge humbucker that comes with the Singlecut SE? It´s a two wire pickup (sounds great in my opinion), my guitar have no push pulls, so the middle position would bring the 'Lipstick' + the full humbucker together.

Good to know that! Thanx! Do you know if it pairs well with the original bridge humbucker that comes with the Singlecut SE? It´s a two wire pickup (sounds great in my opinion), my guitar have no push pulls, so the middle position would bring the 'Lipstick' + the full humbucker together.

I have no idea, sorry. If it were a covered pup with low DC resistance then I'd give it good odds. A high-powered and uncovered humbucker is probably not a good match. Even then... what makes a good match for me might not be a good match for you.

Yeah! I´d say its a medium output pickup.. i´m gonna make the experience and share with you all. Thanks again!

Back