Design On A Dimebag V. The Horror Episode

Awesome!

Halloween begs for it:
9NtKcXg.png

Oh hell yes! That is just legendary. I feel like I owe you at least two cases of Old Style now.

You guys just tripped me out...long story short...yeah right... I worked in Chicago and until I saw this I thought this dude was a hallucination due to a really bad batch of...cookies, yeah it was a bad batch of cookies. I was in my hotel and he really freaked me out. So Svengoolie is real? Whew, for a minute there I thought I was having a flashback...you know from the cookies:confused:

@ScottR: That is wild indeed! I've accidentally wandered into the distant corners of the spirit world a few times, so I think I can relate.

That program is a national treasure in all its awfulness, so I'm delighted Svengoolie exists outside your imagination.

And this thread keeps getting exponentially cooler.

YOU!!!??? Dude! Delighted is what I was when I woke up the next day and he wasn't in my hotel room with me...I am ecstatic that I don't have to check under the bed to see if he's under my bed every night and the redhead was unusually less violent tonight after I told her we didn't need to sleep with the lights on.o_O
WINNING!

Of couse it does...Sergio started it, so the thread couldn't help itself.:cool:

We’ve seen relicing from freezing, now let’s make this super scary and see some relicing from burning!!! J/K unless that’s really a thing :)

I am an old punk rocker. Not smoking in the House has actually made this more difficult, I have to fake nicotine stains... only some of it is razor blades, the top was all nitro and freezing, and it looks legit. The blade stuff is really bad looking.. I know it. And it’s making me rethink some stuff.

I just had to get to the reveal that this was gonna be a relic.

Yes, I’m trolling you guys, and myself... all for the sake of entertainment though.

Nice job on the trolling. Did you freeze the finish with compressed air?

Maybe you can just scuff those areas and hit them with a couple of passes of nitro? Then you could go back and crack the top coat.

I started to razor the sides.. it looks bad. If I can sand through the poly (there sure is enough of it!) to get to the base, I’ll do that. Looks like I might get a break in the cold weather at the end of the weekend...

Honestly, aside from the funny aspect of trying to make a new guitar look “old” I was just curious to try some of the techniques for aging a guitar that some people spend so much money on... I will say this: the really good razor jobs.. those dudes are artists. Freezing the nitro on the other hand.. besides the cost of spraying, or if you need to get the guitar refinished in it, that was super easy, effective, and dirt cheap.

This was the first time I worked with nitro, and besides the added cost for environmental issues, man, it does half the work for you. Not worrying about sheeting of poly or having to adhere to a rigid timeline for additional coats was super nice. I even skipped sanding between base and final coat, and just went straight to buffing and it came out so well (for home brewed) that I almost didn’t want to ruin it.

Boo! Happy Halloween.

FLrIpBP.jpg

RgkOnGu.jpg

c9RN8zk.jpg

Xd2DB6H.jpg

That's what we in the business call a "Jump Scare". You usually see 'em coming. I told you this was a Horror show.
This is epic! I wish I had your skills. So, I if send you one, can you do mine in .... Sparkle blue metallic?!?!?

What's the latest on it dude? Is it ready yet? Since old red is on a warpath about baby #2 (the "thing" I'm working on) I figure instead of shopping for #3 new it's time to pump the brakes and look for a "previously loved" aka "previously beat slap out Sergio inspired ScottR Overhauled edition" to add to the pile. Honestly, when this started I was all up in some black Strat grills and I thought I might do one myself..until I saw you're kick ass versions and now I gotta do a PRS...and since a Bernie was next on my, SE's I can't live without list...I'm heading in that direction as we speak. So I'm gonna go ahead and blame this one on you bro...cool? Thinkin about something to transform into a creamsickle kinda thing...Please update the status of this redux man..can't wait to see it when it's fin!

So, “word” on the street (Bodia BLVD) is that the Bernie is “the” SE to snag, relic’d or not. I’ve been watching for one for months since I got “the word.”

Back