12/22/15 forum upgrade talk

I don't see the Activity Stream option. Am I just not looking in the right place, or is that gone?

Ooops! Just saw that Alan mentioned it too. I'm lost here. This is going to take some practice. :)

There is a "new posts" and then a "recent posts" option after you hit "new posts". "Recent posts" seems to work like the old activity stream option. The two will show similar but different activity in threads.

Any chance we can get a light text/dark background theme? Please? I find it easier on my eyes.

Any chance we can get a light text/dark background theme? Please? I find it easier on my eyes.

I don't see why not. Can you see the Style Chooser in the bottom left corner of the screen? It says UI.X with a down arrow? It lets you pick the default forum theme or this theme. I could add a dark option too.

there's a New Posts link at the top and a New Posts widget in the sidebar. let me know if they're not appearing for you
Stumbled on to the Recent Activity link. Just what I'm looking for. I can breathe again. lol.

Thanks.

that's true. but it is this time
No, it isnt.
You stated it was better for the ADMIN and the users. It may indeed be better for the Admin, but its not for the user. To start with its fricken ugly. Its boring looking. Very plain. Its also confusing. I could go on, but whats the point.

No, it isnt.
You stated it was better for the ADMIN and the users. It may indeed be better for the Admin, but its not for the user. To start with its fricken ugly. Its boring looking. Very plain. Its also confusing. I could go on, but whats the point.

It's definitely better for the user. Just give it a chance! It's really better in any way I can think off. If you're used to vBulletin, I promise you'll get used to it.

Aesthetically, certainly subjective...but at least to me it looks like it was made in the decade and not part of Windows NT. That said, the look is definitely not final. I want I make sure all functionality is working and then we'll move onto fine tuning the look.

I appreciate the feedback

I don't see why not. Can you see the Style Chooser in the bottom left corner of the screen? It says UI.X with a down arrow? It lets you pick the default forum theme or this theme. I could add a dark option too.
Yup, already looked there. Thanks in advance, it's appreciated.

No, it isnt.

James is starting clean, adding bling slowly.

Patience, padawan, it hasn't even been 24 hours yet!

I just wanna know how to quote someone :D
I do not see the option at this time.

My oh my, I now see the edit button, very cool.
Just added this sentence above.

Scratch the quote thing, it now appears too next to someone's post.
I swear it was not there earlier today.

I think this will be better in the end. I already see conveniences and benefits. Change is always tough for people at first. Give it time.

Why the switch from VB software?
Indeed - I reckon XenForo is one of the most difficult BBsystems to negotiate. You could have gone for phpBB, it's free, has excellent admin control, very well supported and I must say, very 2015.

Indeed - I reckon XenForo is one of the most difficult BBsystems to negotiate. You could have gone for phpBB, it's free, has excellent admin control, very well supported and I must say, very 2015.

we originally launched with phpBB to boos and hisses and quickly moved to vBulletin by popular demand.

I can't agree with you though. I'm active on forums running all 3 (as I suspect you are too) and it's not even close for me.

Back