12/22/15 forum upgrade talk

I liked the option at the end of the thread that allowed us to move from one section to the other with a drop down menu.
i.e. from "Electric Guitars" to "Amplifiers". This seems to be missing now...

There is a quick navigation menu at the top and bottom of each thread on the right. It looks like a stick figure with 1 head, no arms, 3 feet and 3 shoes...

...or 2 arms with packages and one foot and shoe. It all depends on your outlook.

Last edited:
Or perhaps a paraplegic on a Segway with training wheels...

aye keed, aye keed...

It doesn't look anything like that.

Would it be possible to update links in older posts? They are taking us back to the old page and it just says "we've moved". I then have to search for the title of the linked thread in order to find it?

I hadn't noticed of there was anything consistent in the link naming convention that would allow a simple find and replace, or if it would be more complicated.

Either way. Really like the new setup!

Would it be possible to update links in older posts? They are taking us back to the old page and it just says "we've moved". I then have to search for the title of the linked thread in order to find it?

I hadn't noticed of there was anything consistent in the link naming convention that would allow a simple find and replace, or if it would be more complicated.

Either way. Really like the new setup!

Maybe James can do a global fix, but thanks for this - headed off to fix the link in my signature....

It took me a few days to get used to it but I'm really starting to like the new format after the upgrade. Thanks for all your hard work James.

I did notice that the link to the forum on the "Inside PRS" page of the main website still has the old link.

Liking the layout and the extra features that come with it. Not liking the restrictions on signatures now though

James, I use another forum (ih8mud.com) that uses the same soft was as here.
They have a multi quote feature that we do not have turned on here.
I know we can multi quote here by hitting reply for each member, but as you can see in my pic, the link makes it much easier.

Is it a plugin, or just a feature not turned on here yet?

multiquote.jpg

I know we can multi quote here by hitting reply for each member, but as you can see in my pic, the link makes it much easier.

fixed! thanks

Nice transition, James. It's tough to pull it off without a major hitch...and somewhat thankless. Thanks! *thumbs-up emoji that's no longer available* :p

multiquote.jpg
Quoting myself to see how it works here.
fixed! thanks
James, you are welcome.
This makes it a lot easier now.
Thanks for flipping the switch for it.

The Insert Quotes button is an extra step, but a pretty decent one. Easy way to remove quotes you may have grabbed by accident.

Thanks, James!

Back