12/22/15 forum upgrade talk

Yep - see them now.

you're unable to edit your posts? let me look...

Edit button now showing! Thank you!

Saw that the issue with the videos is fixed - also saw where you said you were going to do that right before I mentioned it.

Sorry to sound a little whiny - when upgrades like this happen, I instantly go into programmer mode and start looking for the broken stuff!

Two more for you - I don't see a multiple quote option. And can we get all of the cool, custom emoticons back? Or even expanded?

I'm going to play with the appearance options next...

But I will say again, nice job - very smoothly implemented. There are features that, while certainly not essential, are outstanding to have. Especially the ability to mark only certain threads as read - maybe I won't lose an hour to the forum every time I check it out!

Also, signatures are not keeping formatting beyond bold, italics, etc. So, no colors, font choices...

Yup, agreed - but, as long as there's an easy way. Love the new look. Would love it more if there was a way to easily scroll through linked photos (when they are in thumbnail view, they open up in a new window).

Although, looking now, maybe that was just because I wasn't logged in earlier... Never mind... All photos seem to be scaled to the window size now... :)

Looks like we just got our first spammer.
You guy's have to reset up all the filters still right?
Have not seen spam in ages.
Reported it, so you should have a link.

Looks like we just got our first spammer.
You guy's have to reset up all the filters still right?
Have not seen spam in ages.
Reported it, so you should have a link.

Haven't seen spam in ages because I have to manually approve each registrant. Between legit new users and spammers that make it through the spam filters (of which there are many), that's about 10 or so a day.

Yes, we have the out-of-the-box stuff set up right now, but xenforo has so many great built in anti-spam utilities, I'm hoping to get all that manual approval time back from my workday.

Hey, coal is valuable. Wish them something less valuable. Diaper rash, maybe.

I really don't like the new forum format, it's very hard on the eyes. I've already tried the dark theme and it's almost as bad. Also, the large avatars are really annoying. I thought this was bad enough, then I tried it on my phone, completely unusable. I guess I should calm down, all new things take the time to work out the bugs, I'll just go back to playing my new Lifeson SE acoustic and get happy again.

I really don't like the new forum format, it's very hard on the eyes. I've already tried the dark theme and it's almost as bad. Also, the large avatars are really annoying. I thought this was bad enough, then I tried it on my phone, completely unusable. I guess I should calm down, all new things take the time to work out the bugs, I'll just go back to playing my new Lifeson SE acoustic and get happy again.

Sorry to hear you don't like it. What phone are you using? On my iPhone/iPad it's far more useable.

Besides my iPad Air which I am on now and my HTC One using the stock browser, it looks great.
I had not realized another off road site I use uses the same software.
They upgraded a year or so back from VB.

This new software has pros and cons in my opinion. Responding to a thread is easier but I primarily look at the forum on my phone the layout is alil weird. For example pics on PSF show up as a folder with smaller images that I can hardly see and when I select each picture it opens in a separate page. Before all the pictures just loaded full size. Anyone else have this problem?

I liked the option at the end of the thread that allowed us to move from one section to the other with a drop down menu.
i.e. from "Electric Guitars" to "Amplifiers". This seems to be missing now...

Back