Haha. It's all good dudes. If money were no matter, i would have bought a McCarthy lol. Like i said, I'm only doing this since I have the pickups and I got the guitar for 400 bucks. I put about 400 into it so far (all upgrades I can do myself, and If i get Mann's bridge, itll be 700 (with install) so $1100 for a really really really good SE, i think that's fair and completely custom sounding to my likings.

Don't worry brother, my skin isn't that thin lol

Giggle!

Hey you didn’t suggest the “big block” upgrade and Webber carbs!;)

(OP I should mention I’ve done various upgrades to my SE 245 and this is my juvenile attempt at humour)

hey ar did you ever get moved? that sounds like a bad influence record but i remember you were selling a house right when i was buying one.

Haha. It's all good dudes. If money were no matter, i would have bought a McCarthy lol. Like i said, I'm only doing this since I have the pickups and I got the guitar for 400 bucks. I put about 400 into it so far (all upgrades I can do myself, and If i get Mann's bridge, itll be 700 (with install) so $1100 for a really really really good SE, i think that's fair and completely custom sounding to my likings.

andrew mccarthy, charlie mccarthy, jenny mccarthy, or that one beatle who hated communism so much?

Yeah, I am speaking with John now via email and working on rounding out the guitar. Cant wait to work on the things I can do and have my guy do the other stuff and then share with yall! Thanks for everything people!

Nice! I asked him about a new trem for my 35th. Cant wait to see how your ZM will turn out!

That’s good, sometime folk get scared off because they don’t get the humour level, which is pretty low when I’m involved.

hey ar did you ever get moved? that sounds like a bad influence record but i remember you were selling a house right when i was buying one.

Yes thanks, all went well and we’re in.

Funny our band is called Bad Influence.

Well, First I’d like to say thanks to all of you who contributed to this BEAST. You guys and gals are awesome. Myers 2.0 Upgrade (2.5 to come soon):

Gotoh SD 90 Magnum locking tuners with green locking mechanism and nickel tuners (so hard to find)
Seymour Duncan - Slash (neck)
Seymour Duncan - Saturday Night Special (bridge)
MannMade Bridge with Nickel bolts (Instead of gold)
PRS Core nut
PRS Lampshade tuners
SwitchCraft toggle
PRS Rings
Schaller strap locks 2.0

Guitar sounds and plays amazing. Since I got it cheap, the total cost was $1000 including everything.

3.0 will have:
-Custom truss rod cover (made special with MOP)
-CTS 500k pots...Need to change these shitty pots. They go from 0 to 10, no middle.
-While doing the pots, I may as well change the Jack

At this point the guitar will have been completely been gutted and cost under $1200 and sound like $3500 PRS.

Before and after pics:
guitar

https://jvitale.net/guitar That’s my unfinished bull**** portfolio page but if the image link doesn’t work, you can see the before and after pics there.

Again, thank you all and I’ll throw an update up when the final pieces are in.

What's the difference between the MannMade 2300 and the stock adjustable stoptail bridge that came with the ZM? Both are aluminum with brass inserts right?

They are constructed completely different. The MannMade one is much better. The sustain has improved significantly, the guitar sounds better and if you look at the underside of the bridges, you will see the difference in craftsmanship. I’m not taking mine off again because I’d need to reset up the guitar but I can post a pic of the normal SE version. It’s night and day TBH.

If you visit my page, it’s one before photo and all after photos. Don’t worry, there’s nothing on that page bad, no analytics even, just some BS I was playing around with. :) I’m mobile right now and can’t get the urls to the photos.

Why are my link images never working? I press the photo, copy the url and paste it from Google drive this time. What gives? Lol

Why are my link images never working? I press the photo, copy the url and paste it from Google drive this time. What gives? Lol

Dunno, honestly the image embedding on these forums is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I don't use Google Drive meself for posting images. I use imgur, and embed bb code using the bb code editor on the forum posts options. Come to think of it, maybe that's why your links arent working. When you try it again, hit that little wrench icon in the reply window (top right) and paste your image's bb code in. That should work.

Wow, thnx Draco and Imgur!
Before:
9UzKDqS.jpg

After:
gyzztqu.jpg

Tuners:
m1bIQAy.jpg

Bridge, pickups, toggle, sweet pic
61ZoZcP.jpg

2.5 Mod mock-up (on the way), going to redo the electric and pots either this weekend or next:
JRFyz1G.jpg

Again, thanks community. Y’all helped me build a seriously awesome guitar. I appreciate everyone’s help and opinions.

Back