Zach Myers Semi-hollow versus S2 semi-hollow question

David Grantham

Was wondering if the routing is the same on the Zach semi-hollow and S2 singlecut semi-hollow? Thanks for any information. David

I asked Zach for his opinion on the S2 and he said "get mine, same electronics." Hope that helps.

You'd need someone to have both guitars in the same room as an X-ray machine to know for sure.

I asked Zach for his opinion on the S2 and he said "get mine, same electronics." Hope that helps.
I'm sure he sees a few bucks whenever his sig model is sold, so it's not exactly an unbiased opinion.

I watched a special made recently with ShineDown, and I was a little disappointed he was not playing his SE model.
He was playing a PRS with I think three knobs on it, and I think the color was gold.

I watched a special made recently with ShineDown, and I was a little disappointed he was not playing his SE model.
He was playing a PRS with I think three knobs on it, and I think the color was gold.

Corey, he plays 10 or so different guitars. He plays several versions of his first SE.

You'd need someone to have both guitars in the same room as an X-ray machine to know for sure.

I'm sure he sees a few bucks whenever his sig model is sold, so it's not exactly an unbiased opinion.

The reasoning to me is PRS is not going to send out a guitar that is anything less than great quality, right? So take that plus the electronics are the same you're getting more value out of the ZM SE than your S2.

Which special was it? If it was the one on Palladia where he still has long hair that's the live from Washington show that was filmed in 2010. He plays his singlecut 'Murse' guitar (custom 3 humbucker guitar with 'ZM' mock LV paint job, the 3 humbucker blue singlecut signature, gold Starla with bigsby, singlecut HB, his 3 pickup silverburst signature, light green HB singlecut, blue singlecut, as well as an LP.

Matt, it may have been Palladia, but I am almost sure it was channel 707 on Comcast which is the AXSTV network.
It said it was made in 2014, and I think he has short hair.

Matt, it may have been Palladia, but I am almost sure it was channel 707 on Comcast which is the AXSTV network.
It said it was made in 2014, and I think he has short hair.

Ok, just looked it up, that was a special called 'The Live Room.' That was actually filmed early summer last year. He used mainly Taylor acoustics, PRS Mira, and a singlecut HB

Yes, Live Room, that was it!
It was on my DVR for a few weeks.
I remember the acoustic was a Taylor,. and one guitar may had have a Bigsby, not sure.
The gold one was a singlecut semi-hollow.

I thought the show was pretty good though.
I try and scan each week both Palladia and ASXTV for stuff to record and watch later.

Yes, Live Room, that was it!
It was on my DVR for a few weeks.
I remember the acoustic was a Taylor,. and one guitar may had have a Bigsby, not sure.
The gold one was a singlecut semi-hollow.

I thought the show was pretty good though.
I try and scan each week both Palladia and ASXTV for stuff to record and watch later.

No Bigsby, but check he did play a tasty solo on this Mira on the show

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that was the show.
So this was actually before his Tampas Green ZM model came out.
Mine is a late 2013, even though I got it when they first came out in spring of 2014.

Thanks, that was the show.
So this was actually before his Tampas Green ZM model came out.
Mine is a late 2013, even though I got it when they first came out in spring of 2014.

Yep, I remember him instagramming or something about filming this and it was like late May or early June 2013. If I remember right though he was actually using the model on tour shortly before they announced it. He kept teasing it and everyone was like, is it the semi-hollow and he wouldn't say anything, haha

Back