Your Practice/Playing Space

Some of Y'all got more equipment than I got practice ...ahem....play space. I've got about 9x9 of floor space here at Doublewide Studios. Half of that is taken up by a computer desk, my guitars, and other related bits a pieces. Barely enough room for the dust bunnies to dance, much less experiment with guitars in. More power to you, I'm sure you earned every inch of it, just like I did.
Now, if only I would USE it as much as I SHOULD be using it to practice in, I'd be a grammy award winner by now.....lol

Cool thread @danktat that I knew I should never have dared open...like friggin Padoras Box...but with cool gear!

At least I can live vicariously through you guys...thanks for sharing your rooms...oh, and just one more thing...I hate each and every one of you...that is all, carry on...:p:D

qKvUgr9.jpg

Mine's still a work in progress. Around the corner and out of sight, is my rolltop desk I use as a catchall and computer station.

In dive bar mode:

ApPscR3.jpg

I'm thinking about taking the overhead fixture out and adding some mini spots to put on the guitars. Oh, and more beer signs are also on the agenda.

Tragedy in my room. We had the windows on the west side of our house replaced, along with entry and storm door, on Friday, December 14th. Then the Mrs decided she wanted to "change" a couple of those areas. My "music room" has east facing windows. You know what happened..........

Before (posted earlier in this thread):

PENbkPw.jpg

After:

dRSN9uw.jpg

5YjS8Li.jpg

You guessed it,"Temporary Storage Area". It's been 17 days. Actually, it was worse. Half of what was in there has been put in its new spot. Now, we're at a standstill. The wife does crafts (soaps, jewelry, scarves, etc) and has a handful of orders that she put in front of getting her stuff out of my room! If she'd give me the $300 she's getting to put towards a new piece of gear (that I don't need), I might be able to tolerate it a little better!

Tragedy in my room. We had the windows on the west side of our house replaced, along with entry and storm door, on Friday, December 14th. Then the Mrs decided she wanted to "change" a couple of those areas. My "music room" has east facing windows. You know what happened..........

PENbkPw.jpg

After:

dRSN9uw.jpg

5YjS8Li.jpg

You guessed it,"Temporary Storage Area". It's been 17 days. Actually, it was worse. Half of what was in there has been put in its new spot. Now, we're at a standstill. The wife does crafts (soaps, jewelry, scarves, etc) and has a handful of orders that she put in front of getting her stuff out of my room! If she'd give me the $300 she's getting to put towards a new piece of gear (that I don't need), I might be able to tolerate it a little better!

Dude, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you're not getting that space back. It's just like the master closet, give 'em and inch and they'll take over the entire closet...ask me how I know. :(

Dude, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you're not getting that space back. It's just like the master closet, give 'em and inch and they'll take over the entire closet...ask me how I know. :(

We've been married 30 years; I know all to well what this means. I've let her craft stuff pile up in other areas, but this room has always been my little slice of "normal". It may be our first HUGE arguement in 32 years. If that sh!t ain't outta my space in short order Ima gonna pile it up and burn it!

PENbkPw.jpg

After:

dRSN9uw.jpg

5YjS8Li.jpg

ct-perspec-indian-crying-environment-ads-pollution-1123-20171113

We've been married 30 years; I know all to well what this means. I've let her craft stuff pile up in other areas, but this room has always been my little slice of "normal". It may be our first HUGE arguement in 32 years. If that sh!t ain't outta my space in short order Ima gonna pile it up and burn it!

Be careful with your burning threats. Remember, guitars are made of wood. How do we know? Because they weigh the same as a duck.

You should just build a bridge out of her.

All of the pics I have just seen are great! Living in Southern California, I am a bit jealous, as space is at a premium here. I won't post my studio set up because;
1. It is much smaller & not that well lit
2. The design engineer (that a be me :D), has so many wires/cables running around in plain view, I am embarrassed (especially when I look at Les's set up).

My New Years resolution - go wireless!

Sounds familiar. I have had 10 more years for "stuff" to accumulate. The dumpster beckons (but maybe not for a while ;))

Love that amp - +2. My all time favorite. Just getting a bit too heavy to move around frequently.
I know that for most people, the whole reason for a tube amp is that it breaks up from the power section. But for me. I'd like it to be clean as loud as I need it. And then I dirty it up by pushing it with overdrive pedals. And at 60 watts, it is the most headroom I could find with Fender cleans at that price point. Hot Rods get a lot of hate, but there is a reason there are so many of them out there. :D

I know that for most people, the whole reason for a tube amp is that it breaks up from the power section. But for me. I'd like it to be clean as loud as I need it. And then I dirty it up by pushing it with overdrive pedals. And at 60 watts, it is the most headroom I could find with Fender cleans at that price point. Hot Rods get a lot of hate, but there is a reason there are so many of them out there. :D
I take the same route as you do with pedals. I just think that the clean tone is nice thick and warm & it inspires me. The only drawbacks are its weight and its loudness (you go from almost no volume to lots of volume very quickly)

PENbkPw.jpg

After:

dRSN9uw.jpg

5YjS8Li.jpg

The laundry baskets make me wanna stab somebody.

Yeah yeah… Look tough guy... we all know you're a big softie.:p

Back