Yoga For Guitar Players

I'm hosting a 3 day Plank Challenge on my Instagram page, Still Life Yoga. It consists of 10 minutes of planking per day, for three days. You can do one plank for 10 minutes, 20 planks of 30 seconds each, or break it up however you'd like. And it only lasts for three days, starting on January 2, 2019. Who wants to play along?

I'm hosting a 3 day Plank Challenge on my Instagram page, Still Life Yoga. It consists of 10 minutes of planking per day, for three days. You can do one plank for 10 minutes, 20 planks of 30 seconds each, or break it up however you'd like. And it only lasts for three days, starting on January 2, 2019. Who wants to play along?

I can do that! Does salmon on a cedar plank for 10 minutes on the smoker count?

Here are the deets. If you want to play along on social media, for all three days, please post a photo of yourself doing the Plank Challenge and tag #2019plankchallenge. If you're not on social media, feel free to play along anyway. Plank is an amazing exercise and a great way to build core strength. Work to your ability, which includes breaking up the sessions and holding planks for just a few seconds each time.
Of course, you can always post your progress here as well.

2019 Plank Challenge.png

Yoga for guitarists is a great idea! Thanks, Shawn, for putting this together and posting it.

I've just finished a six week stint in pulmonary rehab and part of the post-prog3ram maintenance is a weekly Tai Chi session. With advanced pulmonary fibrosis, any aerobic exercise is impossible without supplementary oxygen. But I have hopes that Tai Chi and yoga will remain viable options for me at least until I need oxygen all the time.

Somebody should devise a sequence of moves to be done while playing one's guitar - to be performed very slowly, at high volume. Tone Chi.

Yoga for guitarists is a great idea! Thanks, Shawn, for putting this together and posting it.

I've just finished a six week stint in pulmonary rehab and part of the post-prog3ram maintenance is a weekly Tai Chi session. With advanced pulmonary fibrosis, any aerobic exercise is impossible without supplementary oxygen. But I have hopes that Tai Chi and yoga will remain viable options for me at least until I need oxygen all the time.

Somebody should devise a sequence of moves to be done while playing one's guitar - to be performed very slowly, at high volume. Tone Chi.

You might want to check out some Qi Gong videos on youtube. It isn't as methodical as Tai Chi. which makes it really nice for new comers.

You might want to check out some Qi Gong videos on youtube. It isn't as methodical as Tai Chi. which makes it really nice for new comers.
Thanks man. Recently learned that my uncle did Qi Gong for years but I've had little exposure to it myself.

Sure I would...no wait... I seem to have misplaced my Yoga Pants...man I was so stoked to take the challenge too...dang it!

Maybe next time...???

:D;)

Sure I would...no wait... I seem to have misplaced my Yoga Pants...man I was so stoked to take the challenge too...dang it!

Maybe next time...???

:D;)
lost yoga pants? Who here would steal your yoga pants??? I have a couple potential suspects...

Is PRSh taking this challenge? I bet he has yoga pants.

I made short video offering some pointers for getting the most out of your plank pose. Check it out:

This shows exactly what I hate about these kinds of videos. Sure, there are some decent tips in there, but not once does Shawn tell you that the key - THE key - to holding that pose is to have a small animal circle underneath you, providing motivation not to collapse on the animal and thus crush it. #HoldingBack

Back