Yoga For Guitar Players

How's everyone doing on the challenge? This is our first day back to work, so I haven't done mine yet, but I'll knock them out this evening.

I gotta be honest... I may have to take a rain check. I've been sick for a while and thought I was getting better last week but now I"m worse. Time to go to the doctor again. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I"m up for this right now...

The doctor will probably give me steroids, I'll do this while I'm on them. :p

I'm just kidding. That wouldn't be fair. I'd never get voted into the Hall Of Fame if I used steroids. o_O

o_O
p7PopNz.jpg

Namaste...;)

Last edited:
I did my ten.

I’m not sure I like Shawn anymore. I may have to send him a Kiss CD. Three if I survive through Friday.
I"m sure you're already aware, that day 3 will be the killer. Hopefully I'll get feeling better soon so I can do this. That will give Sergio and Bodia some time to practice up and we can all do it together!

I'm hosting a 3 day Plank Challenge on my Instagram page, Still Life Yoga. It consists of 10 minutes of planking per day, for three days. You can do one plank for 10 minutes, 20 planks of 30 seconds each, or break it up however you'd like. And it only lasts for three days, starting on January 2, 2019. Who wants to play along?
I’m committing to giving this a shot. However - and I blame PRS for some of this since it involves their creations - I pulled numerous back muscles on Saturday hauling my amp, cab, and pedalboard upstairs to ‘loosen the plaster’. It was a delayed effect that didn’t hurt like power-grinding with a box jellyfish until Sunday morning. A few days have passed and things are better...about 65% or so. Maybe I’ll try it this weekend?

Define 'fun'.

bstn392l.jpg

(Three minutes in already today.)
How are your breakdowns going so far? I know my core is not that great for this stuff, because of the working out and sports I do, nothing really focuses on my core.

About 15 years ago, we had an employee who was 60 years old and really looked to be in good shape. (I won't say his name, but for all the Indiana boys here, here's a clue. His son (from Cincinnati) played for IU and Bobby Knight. Left there... one of those guys who transferred to get away from The General, and then played in the NBA and then Europe). Anyway, our guy said he still did 100 pushups and 100 setups per day. And what he said was, as he got older, he couldn't do as many at a time, but he still made sure to do his 100 every day. I was doing pushups up until a month or so ago when I got sick the first time. I got up to 160 in 4 sets of 40. Then up to 150 in 3 sets of 50. Then got bronchitis right before vacation and have only done a couple days worth since. When I was doing that, I was doing 3 days a week, not every day. But when I get over this, I"ll be back to square one with that. Probably able to do 45-40-35-30 or so til I get worked back up.

I'm interested to see how I'll do on this core challenge when I get feeling better. I doubt I'll do well, but NEED to do it, so I'm in... soon as I'm feeling better.

How are your breakdowns going so far? I know my core is not that great for this stuff, because of the working out and sports I do, nothing really focuses on my core.

I was doing pushups up until a month or so ago when I got sick the first time. I got up to 160 in 4 sets of 40. Then up to 150 in 3 sets of 50. Then got bronchitis right before vacation and have only done a couple days worth since. When I was doing that, I was doing 3 days a week, not every day. But when I get over this, I"ll be back to square one with that. Probably able to do 45-40-35-30 or so til I get worked back up.

You're a beast!

Back