Yoga For Guitar Players

Great stuff Shawn, thank you!

I go to a Cross Fit group and we do some similar things but this video is of course concentrated more to guitar players. Great! Great also generally.

I appreciate it, being an old geezer who can’t do 300lb squats etc anymore!

Seriously, it was great that you did this and thank you for sharing it with us! I need to make some time to sit down and go all the way through it.

I blame martial arts rather than guitar for most of my aches 'n' pains but even just the first bit of stretching my fingers and wrists felt good -- before I had my little tragedy.

(Do beer and yoga really mix?)

Shawn = Yogi Beer (yes I know, groan!)

Seriously, it was great that you did this and thank you for sharing it with us! I need to make some time to sit down and go all the way through it.

I blame martial arts rather than guitar for most of my aches 'n' pains but even just the first bit of stretching my fingers and wrists felt good -- before I had my little tragedy.

(Do beer and yoga really mix?)

I have a regular at one of my Saturday morning yoga classes who is a multiple level black belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu. He and I are about the same age. He's been transitioning into practicing more yoga and less BJJ over the last few years because of the injuries associated with sparing. One of the beautiful things about yoga is that we can practice it well into old age.

I have a regular at one of my Saturday morning yoga classes who is a multiple level black belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu. He and I are about the same age. He's been transitioning into practicing more yoga and less BJJ over the last few years because of the injuries associated with sparing. One of the beautiful things about yoga is that we can practice it well into old age.

I can definitely see myself going that way one day -- yoga is juuuust a bit gentler. I do some free sparring, but not a lot so I'm still holding up OK.

Shawn, that was great. I have two questions:
1) how are you throwing your voice like that? I can't even see your lips move! Very impressive. If this doesn't work out, you certainly have a future as a ventriloquist!
2) I just get a call from an EMS, and while my first question is how I got listed as emergency contact o_O, the EMS worker said a guy named Alan has a large bump on his forehead and seems to be confused about where he is and what he was doing. The EMS guy did say that the video was paused at the 12:40 mark. You might want to suggest a pillow in front as well for the beginners.​

"weebles wobble, but they... well actually sometimes they DO fall down"

With all those contortions, I’m reminded of the kid who made it all the way to the State finals championship wrestling match. Unfortunately, he was up against a guy who was the greatest wrestler in history. Right before the match, the kid’s coach told him, “Whatever you do, do NOT let your opponent get you in his infamous “pretzel hold.” No one in history has ever escaped from it!

Well, things were going ok for the kid until.......he was suddenly a victim of the pretzel hold! He squirmed, he twisted, but to no avail; he was trapped! ......until.....suddenly in one motion and a roar, he reversed and pinned his opponent! He was immediately hugged by his coach who said, “It’s a miracle! How did you manage that?! The kid said, “Well coach, I thought I was a goner but suddenly I looked up and saw this scrotum dangling in front of me. So, I lunged out and bit it as hard as I could!” “OMG!” Replied his coach; “I hope your opponent going to be ok!” The kid said, “He’ll be fine, but I’m going to need stitches!”

Last edited:
With all those contortions, I’m reminded of the kid who made it all the way to the State finals championship wrestling match. Unfortunately, he was up against a guy who was the greatest wrestler in history. Right before the match, the kid’s coach told him, “Whatever you do, do NOT let your opponent get you in his infamous “pretzel hold.” No one in history has ever escaped from it!

Well, things were going ok for the kid until.......he was suddenly a victim of the pretzel hold! He squirmed, he twisted, but to no avail; he was trapped! ......until.....suddenly in one motion and a roar, he reversed and pinned his opponent! He was immediately hugged by his coach who said, “It’s a miracle! How did you manage that?! The kid said, “Well coach, I thought I was a goner but suddenly I looked up and saw this scrotum dangling in front of me. So, I lunged out and bit it as hard as I could!” “OMG!” Replied his coach; “I hope your opponent going to be ok!” The kid said, “He’ll be fine, but I’m going to need stitches!”

Ah the old “Snake Jaw” move, or so I’m told!

Great stuff Shawn, thank you!

I go to a Cross Fit group and we do some similar things but this video is of course concentrated more to guitar players. Great! Great also generally.

I appreciate it, being an old geezer who can’t do 300lb squats etc anymore!

I know what you mean! I'm 52 years old and as hard as it is, I have to respect the fact that I can no longer abuse my body. But I still feel good and I'm having fun, so I can't complain.

Back