Wish: More Solid Color Tops

I think PRS goes way too far with so many choices of wood and colors for their tops.

There are so many variations of the same models, the only thing that sets them apart is structure of the wood. Do most buyers really get multiple versions of the same models based on the looks? In the end of the day they are just guitars, they are meant to be played, not admired for the nuances of the burst.

More solid options would be great, not everyone wants their guitar to look like grandma's furniture.

Couldn’t agree less with this. You want FEWER choices? And the “structure of the wood” is just a small part of what makes the guitars different to each other.

I guess if you don’t want to see what’s under the paint you could always just buy a Fender Splatocaster 49th Anniversary Pro Player IV which was probably cut from an old shelf in a sweatshop in Guatemala.

For me, buying a solid coloured PRS is like going to a steak house and ordering a salad. It’s a missed opportunity. Each to their own, though.

Couldn’t agree less with this. You want FEWER choices? And the “structure of the wood” is just a small part of what makes the guitars different to each other.

I guess if you don’t want to see what’s under the paint you could always just buy a Fender Splatocaster 49th Anniversary Pro Player IV which was probably cut from an old shelf in a sweatshop in Guatemala.

For me, buying a solid coloured PRS is like going to a steak house and ordering a salad. It’s a missed opportunity. Each to their own, though.

Nothing wrong with having a salad with your steak! ;)

Reactions: jxe
Nothing wrong with having a salad with your steak! ;)

Probably a bunch of people would kick me out of America for even saying this, but: While 99 44/100% of salads are trash, the really good ones are truly great eats. There are more places that are good at steak than are good at salads, because they're hard to get right.

And while I'm at it, steaks are good and all, but what reduces me to a quivering heap is often a great Thai or Indian curry.

Sorry for the derail... I'm off to prowl in the kitchen...

Mmmmm curry... I could extend the analogy further by saying that buying a solid coloured PRS is like going to the best rated restaurant in Mumbai and ordering a steak ;)

Having said that, do they eat cows in India? o_O

Either way, there’s nothing at all wrong with salad. I just wouldn’t go to MacDonalds and complain that they don’t have a vast choice of them.

0-B703903-28-AA-4267-AEDB-354333597-D04.jpg

I bought this Core model 2017 SC594 recently. I can’t find the color on any PRS lists. Says Metallic Red on the sales receipt. Anyone else seen this color on a McCarty 594?

I bought this Core model 2017 SC594 recently. I can’t find the color on any PRS lists. Says Metallic Red on the sales receipt. Anyone else seen this color on a McCarty 594?
Not sure why it’s not loading my pic.

I would think that any dealer would be glad to take an order anytime for solid tops.

There’s no risk. The buyer will not reject the guitar because it’s not figured enough.

Back