Wiring diagram for 58/15 lt pickups in S2 standard 22

Wildebassman

Hello everyone I am new here, just bought a S2 Standard and want to change the pickups to 58/15 LT’s. Did I overlook it but I can’t seem to find the right wiring schematic here. If someone has done this mod and could help out I’d be more than grateful!

Cheers,

Dennis (Amsterdam Holland)

Well, great when you can buy $500 pickups when nobody has a clue how to install them and no diagram is provided with the pickups..

Thanks but of no use at all, 58/15LT pickups use different colors than normal PRS wiring and my guitar is 1 volume and 1 tone/push pull configuration.

Bridge: black cloth wire is hot, red and plastic coated black are the series connection (soldered together and to the push/pull for splits), green is ground. Braid is shield (solder to back of pot).

Neck: black cloth wire is hot, green and white are the series connection (soldered together and to the push/pull for splits), red is ground. Braid is shield (solder to back of pot).

This gives you slug coils in split mode. If you want screw coils instead, just swap hot/ground on both pickups.

I only learned the above from a product review on the Sweetwater store after I'd already wired another member's guitar "backwards". But he wanted to split to screw coils anyway. I used a multimeter to determine what was what. A highly recommended tool if you're into electronics mods.

Bridge: black cloth wire is hot, red and plastic coated black are the series connection (soldered together and to the push/pull for splits), green is ground. Braid is shield (solder to back of pot).

Neck: black cloth wire is hot, green and white are the series connection (soldered together and to the push/pull for splits), red is ground. Braid is shield (solder to back of pot).

This gives you slug coils in split mode. If you want screw coils instead, just swap hot/ground on both pickups.

I only learned the above from a product review on the Sweetwater store after I'd already wired another member's guitar "backwards". But he wanted to split to screw coils anyway. I used a multimeter to determine what was what. A highly recommended tool if you're into electronics mods.
Thanks a lot!

Hello Garret,

You seem to be knowledgeable in this area. I have a similar plan, to replace the 85/15 "S" PU´s in my S2 Singlecut Mccarty with 85/15 LT´s.
The color codes on the PRS S2 single cut schematic are different to the PRS S2 Standard but the LT Wiring colors are covered by your explanation.
I also understand that one can choose in-phase vs. out of phase (slug/screw coils). But are there any other changs to be made (e.g. Pots, resistors/capacitors) in the S2 Electronics when mounting LT´s to make the electronics on my S2 identical to the Core Mccarty ? If this is the wrong thread, happy to know where I should ask.

Thanks,
Flo

Hello Garret,

You seem to be knowledgeable in this area. I have a similar plan, to replace the 85/15 "S" PU´s in my S2 Singlecut Mccarty with 85/15 LT´s.
The color codes on the PRS S2 single cut schematic are different to the PRS S2 Standard but the LT Wiring colors are covered by your explanation.
I also understand that one can choose in-phase vs. out of phase (slug/screw coils). But are there any other changs to be made (e.g. Pots, resistors/capacitors) in the S2 Electronics when mounting LT´s to make the electronics on my S2 identical to the Core Mccarty ? If this is the wrong thread, happy to know where I should ask.

Thanks,
Flo
Replying to self: Got resolved, I had the replacement done by a local guitar tech. My S2 now sounds fantastic, really a major upgrade with the LT´s. Caps were changed for high quality drop caps to the right value for the LT / TCi pickups.

Hi everyone I have the same plans but unfortunately I don't trust guitar luthiers in my area. So I'm gonna have to do it my self. So anyone know what the caps or resistors that are wired to the tone pots of a McCarty 594 are? They look like something that would be inside an amp? Plus if I decieded to ditch the coil taps I should just tape the series connections off and not connect it to anything correct ? Plus what do you guys think about a treble bleed for both pickups would it be a good idea?

Hi everyone I have the same plans but unfortunately I don't trust guitar luthiers in my area. So I'm gonna have to do it my self. So anyone know what the caps or resistors that are wired to the tone pots of a McCarty 594 are? They look like something that would be inside an amp? Plus if I decieded to ditch the coil taps I should just tape the series connections off and not connect it to anything correct ? Plus what do you guys think about a treble bleed for both pickups would it be a good idea?

post 127

same diagram as official, except for the neck push pull side for split is opposite on offical, but better for figuring our where the wires go, between them both you cant go far wrong

Back