Will Shawn tell us?

images

No pictures of this mysterious guitar?

Maybe it's this one? Trying Google...
iu

Or this one? (only two pickups though)
iu

At one point ... Mayer was supporting several Environmental and Global Warming initiatives and yet it seems he wants to play guitars with rain forest lumber in them which is a huge disconnect. Many Mayer fans are deeply concerned with environmental issues. If "Shawn" stops by, maybe he can pass that along to Paul and Mayer -- to seek out local alternative woods. It would be very cool to have Grown In America to go along with Made In America guitar models.

There's a post on one of the other Mayer threads with a pic that appears to be a modded Super Eagle 1. It has the three full-size buckers and you can see the hole where one of the mini-toggles for the active electronics has been removed.

No pictures of this mysterious guitar?

Maybe it's this one? Trying Google...
iu

Or this one? (only two pickups though)
iu

At one point ... Mayer was supporting several Environmental and Global Warming initiatives and yet it seems he wants to play guitars with rain forest lumber in them which is a huge disconnect. Many Mayer fans are deeply concerned with environmental issues. If "Shawn" stops by, maybe he can pass that along to Paul and Mayer -- to seek out local alternative woods. It would be very cool to have Grown In America to go along with Made In America guitar models.

We (PRS) try to be conscientious citizens of the world, so we do a lot of work with reforestation groups, as well as schools, cancer research hospitals, etc. I can't speak for John, but he seems to be a decent person, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say he most likely is very charitable in his own way.

I had a well thought out reply, but the server doesn’t like me anymore and keeps preventing me from sometimes replying to comments. Anyway, PRS rocks and my opinion as an economist is that using only American timbers would be bad for the American and rest of the world.

Back