Will Paul sign cover plates?

Hi, just dropped my SSH off at PTC for some work. I asked if Paul would sign my guitar and they said the backplate would be signed.

For those who have the backplate signed, did you put it back on your guitar? If so, what brand/product did you specifically spray on the plastic so the signature doesn't rub off (or did you just get another plate)?

Hi, just dropped my SSH off at PTC for some work. I asked if Paul would sign my guitar and they said the backplate would be signed.

For those who have the backplate signed, did you put it back on your guitar? If so, what brand/product did you specifically spray on the plastic so the signature doesn't rub off (or did you just get another plate)?
I’ve done both. Put it back on and got another back plate. The one I put back on I sprayed with several coats of Testors clear.

I wore the first he did for me right off, kind of trusting that it would stay legible in light use; it didn't (of course :rolleyes:) so I ended up asking Paul to re-sign it - which he cheerfully did.

Since then, it's stayed in the case, while I use a spare on my McC. I suppose I do need to spray some clear on it, but it's something that I mean to do ...... yet keep forgetting.

Back