Why is the Special Semi-Hollow a "new" product?

matonanjin

The title should be self-explanatory. Why is the Special Semi-Hollow listed as a new product? We had one before. I know because I played one and it was going to be my next guitar. At least I thought it was going to be and then I purchased my Santana.

But then it was going to be my next and then I fell in love with the McCarty 594. But none of this matters.

We had a Special Semi-Hollow. This I know. What am I missing? Two humbuckers and a narrow field in a semi-hollow. Why is this new?

Beyond the pup changes & new CAB finish, it is "new" because the first one, released in 2018, was a Limited Edition Experience 2018 guitar. It got heavily ordered, so it seems like it was just another core model, but technically not.

Compare to the SC594SH, also an Exp 2018 Ltd Ed, which was clearly not heavily ordered, and is not nearly as readily available (to my chagrin).

Detailed in other threads by @Mozzi. Different pups, finish, neck pup orientation, different NF middle. Sum of the parts is similar, but different. Glad others can enjoy it.
Well, I should have known, for the answer to anything PRS, just consult @Mozzi, correct?!?:rolleyes: I'll look for those threads.

Beyond the pup changes & new CAB finish, it is "new" because the first one, released in 2018, was a Limited Edition Experience 2018 guitar. It got heavily ordered, so it seems like it was just another core model, but technically not.

Compare to the SC594SH, also an Exp 2018 Ltd Ed, which was clearly not heavily ordered, and is not nearly as readily available (to my chagrin).

Ah ha. I had forgotten it was a limited edition. In fact, if I had any memory, I would have remembered when I looked in my local store the owner told me if I wanted it to get it. because when it was gone there were no more.

Back