Who has the oldest Private Stock?

I'd rather have one Private Stock than 5 of anything else, provided it sounded spectacular (they all sound pretty damn stellar!). I realize I'm an army of one on this concept, but for me, one fantastic guitar is enough.

"Then why do you have more than one?"

"Megalomania."

"That's a poor excuse."

"I know. So what."

I'm lucky to have a few PS models. They're the reason I can't narrow it down to only one guitar. I wish I could, I think the music might improve (less paralysis by analysis. more time spent learning the nuances of only one). But I just can't bear to part with a single PS, or for that matter, the others. I am a hopeless addict. I should be living in an alley drinking Guitar Kool Aid in the gutter, but that seems awfully uncomfortable, and besides, where would I keep the guitars?

PS models have a special something I can't quite describe that's simply a notch above. I'm talking purely tone and feel here.

I've even thought about that recent PS version of my SSH, but I stopped myself from pulling the trigger and trading my Artist model in because I stumbled onto a very good example of the model (ebony fretboards really work well with Semi Hollow guitars, and I've kinda fallen for this one, too).

I like the idea of using the very best brushes to make paintings with. If I deserve my guitars - of course I DON'T deserve a single one of them - you certainly do!

"It's not about 'deserve', Les."

"I know. That's why I have a few guitars that are certainly above my station in guitardom!"
Wife and I plan to retire in 5 years. I could see myself selling all of my gear except for maybe one electric guitar. I would also pony up for a new prs core acoustic.

It just kind of depends what retirement turns into i guess. I will not hold another job once I retire, absolutely no way. I could see myself creating projects or training youngsters on welding and fabricating in our shop.

Hate the thoughts of never being in a live band again and I'm not saying that will happen but I want to enjoy retirement with the absolute least amount of drama.

I would consider a PS Angelus once I'm done working but like I said it all depends.

Wife and I really want to travel and I'd like to do the majority of that on two wheels. My options are many.....

A real beauty Mr. Mintzer!

I still remember seeing/hearing it at the last official PRS Forum Event Jam.

FECB939C-7910-4E69-A69B-E1872C0E7AA9_1_105_c.jpeg
3DE6AADA-558F-48C2-BD01-EF12FB2DFB41_1_105_c.jpeg

If memory serves, there were also 3, that's THREE Dragons on stage with you AT THE SAME TIME!

Pretty sure it was just 1... Carl Werkmeister was playing his Dragon and Jim Fisher was playing one of his regular PRSi...

Either earlier or later in the evening, Carl lent his Dragon to BluesDoc, and two other players had (or borrowed) Dragons...

v8FxtvS.jpg
wLZdC0Q.jpg
RU87dso.jpg
My oldest PS is between Jamie’s and Steve’s. My second oldest PRS and the first I ever owned…helluva introduction to PRS. All downhill from here…

Funny, you have an earlier P.S. #, but your guitar was finished 3 months after mine...

It sometimes happened because your PS# is assigned at the time when your dealer places your order, but if there are any spec changes or, other issues (sometimes the stain has to be fixed or started over), they finish them all "Willy-Nilly"...

Pretty sure it was just 1... Carl Werkmeister was playing his Dragon and Jim Fisher was playing one of his regular PRSi...

Either earlier or later in the evening, Carl lent his Dragon to BluesDoc, and two other players had (or borrowed) Dragons...
HA! My memory didn't serve!

AND I called you Mister instead of Doctor. I stand corrected sir!

Anyway, that last jam by the Forum peeps was big fun!

Funny, you have an earlier P.S. #, but your guitar was finished 3 months after mine...

It sometimes happened because your PS# is assigned at the time when your dealer places your order, but if there are any spec changes or, other issues (sometimes the stain has to be fixed or started over), they finish them all "Willy-Nilly"...
Now that I think about it, I was able to choose my PS #. I remember them being int the 220's, 230 area, but my OCD like the "order" of #234...

And it was available, so...

Back