While we're at it, here's better pics of "Pinky II" (PRS HBII AP Bonnie Pink Burst!)

HighGain510

Just one more...
I also managed to snap a bunch of pictures of "Pinky II" while I was outside yesterday taking updated guitar shots, some of them turned out lovely! I've noticed it seems like a lot of the Artist Package Hollowbody II's have nicer BACKS than tops, my only guess is they save the extraordinary stuff for the side that doesn't get partially-covered up with electronics and pickups perhaps? Either way, the top on this one is no slouch but the ultra win that is the back on this thing cannot be denied! She plays and sounds even better than she looks, so while the new pricing on the AP HBII's might be a bit steep these days (entering used Private Stock territory, yikes!), this one is absolutely worth the tag as she beats out the tone of some Private Stocks I've owned for sure. The ebony on this beauty is super dark, the piece they used for the ebony headstock cap is so dark it almost makes it look like it was painted matte black. Love it!

On to the pics!

PRS_HB2_AP_Bonnie_Pink_Burst_3_zpsd0efb078.jpg

PRS_HB2_AP_Bonnie_Pink_Burst_5_zpsef82ab04.jpg

PRS_HB2_AP_Bonnie_Pink_Burst_7_zpsc1656b26.jpg

PRS_HB2_AP_Bonnie_Pink_Burst_8_zps988c9518.jpg

PRS_HB2_AP_Bonnie_Pink_Burst_14_zpsb1be1c66.jpg

PRS_HB2_AP_Bonnie_Pink_Burst_16_zpsba07dff1.jpg

PRS_HB2_AP_Bonnie_Pink_Burst_21_zps785611ff.jpg

PRS_HB2_AP_Bonnie_Pink_Burst_24_zps9a449f79.jpg

PRS_HB2_AP_Bonnie_Pink_Burst_26_zps1b1c7471.jpg

PRS_HB2_AP_Bonnie_Pink_Burst_27_zps07246fbc.jpg

More pics below due to image limit!

Looks great! Reminds me I need to get mine outside for some pics. Thanks for the pics, guitar pr0n makes me smile.

***********************************************************************************************?!?!? This is beautiful guitar! Congrats!

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does this look a lot closer to the 'Pomegranite' color that Tag was looking for, than what he actually received?!?!? This is beautiful guitar! Congrats!

Nope. It's definitely bright pink like Bonnie Pink should be, absolutely perfect.

Also please leave any reference to that whole ordeal in his thread, I don't want that spilling over into a discussion about my guitar, thanks. ;)

There is no doubt that looks are what sell these guitars as opposed to the sound. Not that I am questioning the tone or sound, or the playability or other longer term virtues, but it's the eye candy that makes me click on the thread link. Also if you want to keep the looks its a handle with care requirement as these finishes are easy to chip with everyday use and that has more visual impact than on a less flashy instrument

And on the looks I must say I like backs that are burst like this one quite a bit more than the two tone models with their clear backs. The birds on this are fantastic as well. A beautiful instrument to be sure. What holds me back though is playing well enough to live up to the looks. I have played for 35 years but my guitars sound in a band would be less impressive than the look of the instrument. The underpaid pros I pay to play with would also tend to think more money than talent, and in my case, they would be right.

Still if you are giving it away I'll take it off your hands.

That pink smokeburst plus pink maple binding is just pure awesome! Bonus points for the flamey maple neck and Artist birds! :top:

Not my cup of tea, but I can definitely appreciate a great flame maple top and neck. That is awesome, congrats!

There is no doubt that looks are what sell these guitars as opposed to the sound. Not that I am questioning the tone or sound, or the playability or other longer term virtues, but it's the eye candy that makes me click on the thread link. Also if you want to keep the looks its a handle with care requirement as these finishes are easy to chip with everyday use and that has more visual impact than on a less flashy instrument

And on the looks I must say I like backs that are burst like this one quite a bit more than the two tone models with their clear backs. The birds on this are fantastic as well. A beautiful instrument to be sure. What holds me back though is playing well enough to live up to the looks. I have played for 35 years but my guitars sound in a band would be less impressive than the look of the instrument. The underpaid pros I pay to play with would also tend to think more money than talent, and in my case, they would be right.

Still if you are giving it away I'll take it off your hands.

The V12 on my PRS guitars hasnt "chipped with everyday use". I would venture to guess that there is a small sample size that had issues. It isnt the norm.

I chipped my 305, no fault of prs, just a reminder that the beauty was literally skin deep. Prs are certainly the most interesting looking guitars being mass produced these days, and I think their reputation will grow in time.

Back