Which guitar to choose ?

Rio

Hey everyone ! , ok so I planning to get prs, but my budget is kinda meh (800euros = approx 900usd) My favourite bands are Breaking Benjamin and Muse, so I kinda want to have that kind of sound. So can you give me advice on which one should I pick? I dont care about how guitar looks, just wanna get that sound (Maybe closer to Matt). I appreciate any help you can provide :)

Are you going to play in standard or drop tuning? With that you could get a new SE Holcomb model if you are going to play drop tuning. Otherwise a good SE CU24, or locate a used CE

Are you going to play in standard or drop tuning? With that you could get a new SE Holcomb model if you are going to play drop tuning. Otherwise a good SE CU24, or locate a used CE

so far as much as I watched videos and resarched forums I think ce 24 would be best, but there's no used for sale (Serbia) and our shops has mostly Se custom and standard 24 and 22, even on E-bay I cant find below 1500 usd. Playing in standard tuning, I newer played dropped one but I may experiment a bit on it. So se custom 24 maybe ?

Rio,

You might want to visit the guitar shop websites in the US though I don't know about guitars going from US to Europe. There are some really nice guitars for sale and there is probably a way to get it shipped internationally for a reasonable price. I had a guitar shipped from Ireland a few years ago when I couldn't find it in the US. For example here is an S2 Custom 24 that I found on line and might work for you. You would probably need to call them directly to check feasibility then arrange buying and shipping though you might be able to arrange it all by email too. Just have the guitar shop employees check and double check the guitar(s) you are interested in and in a few weeks you might be holding the guitar of your dreams if all goes well. Happy hunting!

Cheers,
Tom

Rio,

You might want to visit the guitar shop websites in the US though I don't know about guitars going from US to Europe. There are some really nice guitars for sale and there is probably a way to get it shipped internationally for a reasonable price. I had a guitar shipped from Ireland a few years ago when I couldn't find it in the US. For example here is an S2 Custom 24 that I found on line and might work for you. You would probably need to call them directly to check feasibility then arrange buying and shipping though you might be able to arrange it all by email too. Just have the guitar shop employees check and double check the guitar(s) you are interested in and in a few weeks you might be holding the guitar of your dreams if all goes well. Happy hunting!

Cheers,
Tom

I'll check it out, need to resarch it now , thanks on reply :)

USA to UK (so maybe rest of Europe) is very expensive even via eBay. I've bought a few items of eBay (and the USA) recently and import duty has added 30-50%

USA to UK (so maybe rest of Europe) is very expensive even via eBay. I've bought a few items of eBay (and the USA) recently and import duty has added 30-50%

Yup that's the main problem, in Serbia as far as I heard it goes up to 30% and you newer know will they charge with 10% or 30% on price (and dont forget to add + shipping). So yea it's pretty much expensive

Have you looked at guitar stores across Europe or is there still a 10 to 30% surcharge? Here's one in England for example that might have better shipping rates and carries a lot of PRSi.

Ditto the SE Custom (22 or 24), especially if you can play them in person locally and cherry pick the "best" one. You can always swap pickups, etc. later if you want to upgrade the sound.

Have you looked at guitar stores across Europe or is there still a 10 to 30% surcharge? Here's one in England for example that might have better shipping rates and carries a lot of PRSi.
They do have nice stuffs, however no matter from where items come charge will be always the same, it's not about shipping but importing is hella expensive. So far I might get custom 24 at local dealer or save money wait one year more and get ce 24 regardless of importing price, but I'm saving for 2 years now and it's just so hard (Im student so you understand :D ) so I might go with Se custom 24. Thanks on link I might order later in future If I wont buy now.

Ditto the SE Custom (22 or 24), especially if you can play them in person locally and cherry pick the "best" one. You can always swap pickups, etc. later if you want to upgrade the sound.
Yeah it will be probably SE custom 24 or ce 24 , however for CE I need to save more money as I said above. And unfortunately there are 4 shops with prs guitars but there are not even one to try out, you can only order them. (only this only one you can order PRS SE CM4TS CUSTOM 24)

Ok so one last question . Save money for Ce 24 or get now Se custom 24 ? Is it really worth to wait so much time to get Ce ?

There usually is a trade in discount where you can recoup most of the cost of the initial guitar, so if you are not required to buy a guitar that is ordered I would talk to the local shops to see who gives the best deal in ordering the SE. If the SE is good enough, then take it and play. I suspect an SE will be typically good enough based on my recent purchase of an SE signature model. If not, let them know. Either way you can still save toward a higher end guitar and get it once you saved enough with or without the SE as a trade in. The hardest part is the indecision, so come up with a workable plan and go for it.

There usually is a trade in discount where you can recoup most of the cost of the initial guitar, so if you are not required to buy a guitar that is ordered I would talk to the local shops to see who gives the best deal in ordering the SE. If the SE is good enough, then take it and play. I suspect an SE will be typically good enough based on my recent purchase of an SE signature model. If not, let them know. Either way you can still save toward a higher end guitar and get it once you saved enough with or without the SE as a trade in. The hardest part is the indecision, so come up with a workable plan and go for it.
Well I decided I will go with CE probably 2006 model. I think it's worth it imo. I found some cover on youtube with this model and it just blew my mind, exact tone I want.

Reactions: moT
Just wanna to say thank you guys, you helped me alot, when I get it I'll share that beauty with you ! (however it wont be sooner than 1 year but Im sure it's gonna worth ! )

Take care !

Back