Thinking about my next guitar. Torn between 24-08 and the 277.

gerbetta33

I've got an SE Hollowbody II piezo and I've got a 23 year old Fender mexican HSS standard stratocaster. The Hollowbody has a nice warm acoustic sound, which I like a lot. The stratocaster has that plucky strat sound, but not quite as much as a regular strat as the bridge is a humbucker. I feel like I can play quite a bit between those two. So here's where I need the advice.

What does a 24-08 do that my strat or hollowbody can't? Am I missing out on anything?

What can the 277 do besides heavy rock? I don't usually dabble in metal or hard rock, and really the biggest use case I can see is playing some Ghost in Drop C. (side question: string recommendations for drop C on this guitar?)

I like the idea of having a baritone guitar, but i'm worried it's too niche given I don't play much heavy stuff; and I like the idea of having a solidbody versatile guitar to go along with my hollowbody versatile guitar. Can I tune the 24-08 to Drop C and still get great tone out of it?

The 24-08 is a versatile rock machine, the 277 may open up new ideas in your playing ....

I've got an SE Hollowbody II piezo and I've got a 23 year old Fender mexican HSS standard stratocaster. The Hollowbody has a nice warm acoustic sound, which I like a lot. The stratocaster has that plucky strat sound, but not quite as much as a regular strat as the bridge is a humbucker. I feel like I can play quite a bit between those two. So here's where I need the advice.

What does a 24-08 do that my strat or hollowbody can't? Am I missing out on anything?

What can the 277 do besides heavy rock? I don't usually dabble in metal or hard rock, and really the biggest use case I can see is playing some Ghost in Drop C. (side question: string recommendations for drop C on this guitar?)

I like the idea of having a baritone guitar, but i'm worried it's too niche given I don't play much heavy stuff; and I like the idea of having a solidbody versatile guitar to go along with my hollowbody versatile guitar. Can I tune the 24-08 to Drop C and still get great tone out of it?
You can play ANY style of music on ANY guitar.
My Hollowbody Spruce is a Thrash/Hardcore/All-around metal machine. It also loves when I bust out my inner redneck Southern Rock.;):)

Back