Which amp do you prefer with your DGT and why?

Pinch

Here is a picture of my DGT and Two-Rock Studio Pro 35 combo that I took last night just before a gig. Generally I use two amps, the Studio Pro 35 for the smaller venues and a Marshall JVM 205C combo for the bigger ones. (Here in Cape Town I do not have the luxury to try PRS amps - I have never seen one in any music shop here). It might come as a surprise but between the Two-Rock and the Marshall I actually prefer the Marshall. The Two-Rock just fits the smaller venues better as I can crank it more to get that sweet valve sound.

This got me thinking. Which amp/s do you prefer with your DGT and why?
E538A84C-31E8-4F0E-BA2B-246B4A0C1869_zps3dnwfjuy.jpg

The 20th Anniversary Shiva on the left is my favorite amp period. The DGT (I had previously and I am sure the one that will be incoming) sounds awesome through it
The 2 Channel H on the right is a close 2nd. I would love to be able to match it with a DG30 but that won't be happening for a while lol

This may come as a surprise, but my fav is the PRS Super Dallas. ;)With my pedalboard, I can do just about everything that comes up, regardless of genre. It's the most musical amp I've ever owned and I feel fortunate to have stumbled on it. :cool:

My Hughes and kettner puretone head and 2x12 cab, driven by my wampler ecstasy.

Here is a picture of my DGT and Two-Rock Studio Pro 35 combo that I took last night just before a gig. Generally I use two amps, the Studio Pro 35 for the smaller venues and a Marshall JVM 205C combo for the bigger ones. (Here in Cape Town I do not have the luxury to try PRS amps - I have never seen one in any music shop here). It might come as a surprise but between the Two-Rock and the Marshall I actually prefer the Marshall. The Two-Rock just fits the smaller venues better as I can crank it more to get that sweet valve sound.

This got me thinking. Which amp/s do you prefer with your DGT and why?
E538A84C-31E8-4F0E-BA2B-246B4A0C1869_zps3dnwfjuy.jpg

I like any of my Bad Cat amps with my DGTs. I like the way a cathode biased amp breaks up, whether it has el-84 or El-34 power tubes. I love the clarity of single notes when I back off the volume just a touch 7-8. I do like the way my DGTs sound through my T-R Studio Pro 50, too!

BTW, I thought that was an interesting use of tape on the grill. At first, I assumed it was just a target for the mic. It also makes for a nice homemade beam blocker!

I use a mesa boogie rectroverb 25 with my DGT. Love the tones I can get with the amp and guitar.

I would like to try an archon though ....haha shhh no gas for me lol

BTW, I thought that was an interesting use of tape on the grill. At first, I assumed it was just a target for the mic. It also makes for a nice homemade beam blocker!

LOL. I received this tip from a local guitarist that the tape diffuses the treble sounds a bit - it spreads it out for a more even tone. Before I dismissed it as another gimmick I decided to try it out but I cannot really tell a difference. The Studio Pro is not an overly bright amp imo so it might not be the best amp to try this on.

I have heard only good things about the Puretone. I would have loved to try one but availability is an issue where I live. Has it been discontinued or am I mistaken?
I think it's been discontinued. After a long journey buying Marshalls, Cornfords, Blackstars. Nothing comes close to the superb tone of my Puretone.

The 'vintage' channel of my Top Hat Emplexador 50W, into a Top Hat cab with 2x12 Greenbacks. For me that combo has the fattest, most harmonically rich, wonderful overdrive with the guitar plugged straight into the amp and cranked. I have two DGT's, and I never get sick of either one of them through that thing (or any other guitar for that matter).

Back