Which 2 Axes Would You Bring...?

Pdiddy

Back in the day I only had 2 Gibson Les Paul's for shows.....I semi-retired from gigging about 3 years ago but agreed to maybe booking a few "reunion" shows next year....now I have more guitars and 6 really good ones and would have to pick a couple....I have been wondering what I would pick, below is my Gibson's and PRS's.....I love them all so maybe you all can help me decide....

I know there are some amazing collections in the PRS Forum World and was wondering what some of you guys would pick 2 guitars only from your collections if forced to choice just two.....and for whatever reasons (i.e. bling, tone, song choices) you decide.....

I didn’t really answer the second part about which 2 of my guitars I would (and do) choose.

It’s this and that:

avXj13T.jpg

rmTsgRY.jpg

By "bring", I assume you mean keep. :confused: My answer would be different if you mean bring to a gig.

no, not "keep" but "bring" .....in which I mean "which 2 would you take to the gig" (for the evening).....for whatever reason.....

your guitars are amazing....!!!!! I might be scared to play your PRS's live.....

no, not "keep" but "bring" .....in which I mean "which 2 would you take to the gig" (for the evening).....for whatever reason.....

your guitars are amazing....!!!!! I might be scared to play your PRS's live.....

Thanks.

OK. Different interpretation; difference response.

Here are the two that I take to my gigs:

#1: R9

And #2: SC trem piezo

For my own gigs.
Usually it's my Thorn Artisan 140 (imagine a chambered santana with a DGT neck) and my PRS Custom 22.
Both are incredibly inspiring, always sound good, always play amazingly well, and stay in tune.

Oh boy, I love these desert island / which ones to bring threads (because I think about this all the time even though I’m not good enough to gig yet).

:)

Yours: Santana and your most comfortable Gibson

Mine: Late 70s Strat and Custom 24 RW
Tomorrow: Late 70s Strat and Brazzy McKorina
Friday: Late 70s Strat and Brazzy McCarty

Try as I might, I can’t seem to choose between the 3 PRSi listed above. Makes my brain hurt bad.

In terms of your guitars, if I had the same choices, I'd echo the common consensus of Tremonti and Santana.

For me, I really don't know. I always only bring one guitar to shows and up until recently, it's been either this one...
pgKYIcj.jpg

2012 Custom 24 with 59/09's

Or this one....
VMmM9vW.jpg

'08 Custom 22 with Rosewood neck and Dragon II pickups.

But I'm thinking right now, it'd be these two...
JswmZRc.jpg

Wood Library Custom 24-08 with Rosewood neck

And this one...
x94vPZe.jpg

2015 Hollobody II Artist Package with Maple neck. I've never even gigged this one before, so I guess that's why I'd pick it.

It's hard to pick a favorite, that's for sure. They all do their own thing so very well.

In terms of your guitars, if I had the same choices, I'd echo the common consensus of Tremonti and Santana.

For me, I really don't know. I always only bring one guitar to shows and up until recently, it's been either this one...

2012 Custom 24 with 59/09's

Or this one....

'08 Custom 22 with Rosewood neck and Dragon II pickups.

But I'm thinking right now, it'd be these two...

Wood Library Custom 24-08 with Rosewood neck

And this one...2015 Hollobody II Artist Package with Maple neck. I've never even gigged this one before, so I guess that's why I'd pick it.

It's hard to pick a favorite, that's for sure. They all do their own thing so very well.

also "wowzer" ....thanks for sharing....those are some beauties for sure! I think the "Autumn Charcoal Burst" color and my favorite "Charcoal Cherry Burst" are truly the most innovative cosmetic colors in production models guitars today....

Last edited:
also "wowzer" ....thanks for sharing....those are some beauties for sure! I think the "Autumn Charcoal Burst" color and my favorite "Charcoal Cherry Burst" are truly the most innovative cosmetic colors in production models guitars today....

Thanks!!! Yeah, I think the Burnt Maple Leaf (or Autumn Charcoal Burst) was new that year and I jumped on it as soon as I saw it. It's a stunning guitar, for sure and it plays like a dream - which, being a PRS, kinda goes without saying. :D

I dig your collection, too. You can cover a lot of ground with your PRSes, alone. Those S2 Standard 24's are @$$ kickers, for sure!

Last edited:
Thanks!!! Yeah, I think the Burnt Maple Leaf (or Autumn Charcoal Burst) was new that year and I jumped on it as soon as I saw it. It's a stunning guitar, for sure and it plays like a dream - which, being a PRS, kinda goes without saying. :D

I dig your collection, too. You can cover a lot of ground with your PRSes, alone. Those S2 Standard 24's are @$$ kickers, for sure!
Thanks....I put a SD Hot Rod set in the S2 along wirlth all CTS 500k pots and Orange Caps, Switchcraft Switch and wirering....it’s a screamer now for sure....

Back