Where to find accessories for mods? Why doesn't PRS sell them?

The word is PRSh simply doesn't want to sell some pickups aftermarket. This might be due to shortages in raw materials (like what we saw with 53/10s taken off the table except for PS) or maybe he just wants to retain some exclusivity, whatever it is, it's his name on the guitars, his company, so it's his call.

You used to be able to buy 57/08s and 53/10s from PRS, but now it's prettty much only 59/09s in the 5x/yz series, and you can get 57/08s installed through the PTC.

I'm thinking they MAY offer 58/15s and 85/15s later on down the track through the PTC (as in, they install them for you) but again, that will be Paul's call.

Some of you guys are responding to the wrong poster. Shoman is not the OP. I am.

This is my first post in the thread since I started it.

And yes, I know about the PRS accessories webpage, but they don't sell what I'm looking for.

Basically I am interested in NF3 pickguards, and 58/15 pickups. I would also like to make the NF3 pickups white but was thinking along the lines of Fender covers, not even considering that the PRS narrowfields are of a different construction. Maybe it's not possible to change color on them like you can on a strat style pickup.

Be careful who you reply to! I truly appreciate all the informative responses and will check all the links.

Most of us on the forum reply to multiple posts in a thread, not only to the OP. We like to take side trips, hijack threads, and take part in miscellaneous mischief.

Most of us on the forum reply to multiple posts in a thread, not only to the OP. We like to take side trips, hijack threads, and take part in miscellaneous mischief.
No worries. I just didn't want there to be any confusion between the "tone" of my posts vs. that of others.

I have a reputation to maintain, you know. :flute:

Haha, well I guess that means that I have tone so it's not all bad. Trying to be positive today. Also I like mischief too. Speaking of Hijacking, I'm looking for a pair of chrome PU Covers for a PRS S2 Custom. :p Sorry if anyone was offended by my tone. That usually only happens in very swank places. Most places like my tone.

On a serious note, I agree, it must have been a bad day...sorry.

Last edited:
Back