When will we see Core acoustics?

I don't think they are set up at the factory to fit the needed price point. Taylor's got his line set up for acoustics and he has a hard time breaking into solid bodies (although he does try). I think the investment to make the switch, or do both, would be significant. The SE versions are really good and the improvement making them in the US probably would not justify the added cost. But what do I know...

Just over a year ago PRS received two grants, which were announced in a press release that was posted on the PRS site. The press release was that the grants were to be used to invest in expanding the acoustic line in Stevensville. No more was really said on the subject by PRS since. I believe this coming NAMM might reveal something if this is going to be a reality. Summer NAMM, the latest. One can only hope. Like hope for a 12 string, Nylon, Jumbo, or a PRS PA Head?!

EDIT Just as I post I see the above thread added. Thats It!

The article says it's a three year plan so not worried yet, we're only a little more than halfway!

I would love to see PRS start a core acoustic line. We've just got SE and Private stock right now.

"Been there, Done that!

Not enough sold to justify three lines. The core version's were Mahogany only which may have turned some off as they were around $3500.

I personally would love to see an S2 range of Acoustics. I think the 1k to 3k range is normal for most acoustic players... of course what I'd really like to see is a solid version of their a10e with ebony fretboard, Baggs pre, and the better tuners!

Back