PRS String Height Specs

Rosewoodsteel

Does anyone know what the recommended PRS string height specs are for their Private Stock acoustics? I can't find the information anywhere. It most likely came with the guitar when new, but I bought it used..
I have a Martin Simpson PS and want to lower the action.
Any help would be appreciated.

I take it you don't know the specs.
You Are Right...I Don't Know The String Height Of Your Personal Guitar. What I Do Know Is What I Like And What Feels Right To Me As A Player. If You Need Assistance I Am More Than Happy To Help You. Do You Have The Proper Tools To Measure Neck Relief, Nut Height, Nut Slot Depth, Etc. And The Skills To Perform The Necessary Work On Your Guitar?

Thanks for the response, Bogner.

What I was looking for was the factory set-up specs for my guitar (Private Stock Martin Simpson) or for that matter, any Maryland made Angelus. That's all. I went ahead and dropped the action 1/32 on the low E and 1/64 on the high. It was a bit too high for me. I didn't want to lower it too much, as a replacement saddle would have to be made (PRS evidently doesn't sell stock replacements). PRS quoted me $100 for the saddle alone, not counting set-up, which would have been an additional $125. Customer service indicated that electrics and acoustics were set up to the same spec, so I when ahead and used that spec. I was quite frankly surprised that the acoustics are set up with the same action.

Thanks for your kind offer of help with this. It's great to have folks like you on the forum.

John/Rosewoodsteel

Back