intonation

jcifuentes

Hi all,
New to the group,
I had the PRS SE singlecut with a fixed bridge and can't get it to intonate correctly.
It's consistently sharp starting at the 12yh fret. I have adjusted the height and the 2 little screws near the 1st and 6 string slot at the bridge. The truss rod is ok. No dice.
Any suggestions? I have set it up in the past w no issues. Any help is appreciated.

I have also checked the first fret which is also sharp compared to open tunning. Watched numerous youtube videos, no luck.
Best,

What string gauge are you using? Sometimes nailing that bridge height, intonation set screws, and truss adjustment is paramount. All 3 work in tandem. If all else fails there is the SE adjustable bridge you can get from John Mann.

There is also the cheaper Tone pros option as well.

However I've fought with these factory fixed bridges and won and was able to dial in every one I've come across so far. Some guitars are easy..and some take time to dial in. Especially if it's a new guitar that's been moving around the world and just landed on your front porch...it takes time for it to settle in a bit.

The question of what gauge of strings you are using is a very important one. I use 10's and have a couple of PRS with the fixed bridge and they intonate well. I love that I can set both E strings and I am done. They work for 9's and 10's well. If you go heavier, they start to drift. You can swap it to a tail piece that has individual saddles if you are having issues with it. As linked in the post above mine.

Back