What's The Point Of Having A Studio If Ya Ain't Writing Music? So I Am Still At It. New Piece.

Glad you are giving us a taste again László! Nice piece, but like I have always felt and said before, too short!! I guess that is the rule though, leave 'em wanting more!!!

I humbly suggest you do an orchestral version of “We Are the Champions” and donate it to your Alma mater, you know, just in case they pull it off this year. Or if you’re feeling pessimistic about the outcome, you could send your version of “Won’t Get Fooled Again” to the fat cat alumni donors . Otherwise nice piece of music.

Great stuff Les! When ya gonna give us another album?
If I do one, it will be a blend of electronic and orchestral. I'll want to use live orchestra players. To do that, I'll have to sell off one or more of my Private Stocks just to book the studio and hire the musicians, plus throw in more cash.

The chances of recouping 1/100th of my investment will be zero.

So I'm sure it's a terrible idea. That's why I'll probably do it anyway (in 2024)! ;)

I humbly suggest you do an orchestral version of “We Are the Champions” and donate it to your Alma mater, you know, just in case they pull it off this year. Or if you’re feeling pessimistic about the outcome, you could send your version of “Won’t Get Fooled Again” to the fat cat alumni donors . Otherwise nice piece of music.
Glad you like the piece. As to the other suggestions, not bad ideas, but maybe for a different guy. I don't do covers.

Great stuff! It's been a Lasz' two-fer today with both 'Family' and 'Messy 22' which I hadn't heard since it came out before I joined the forum.

Both pieces are really nice. Thanks!

Very emotive Les, you know how to pull at our heart strings.
I wish I could say, "Yes, by dint of my training and experience I know exactly what note should follow the previous note to create this or that type of mood." I'd sure sound a whole lot smarter.

But the truth is, I don't have the slightest idea what in hell I'm doing, nor can I explain how or why it happens!

My higher-level brain functions seem to be completely disengaged when I write music. I just play stuff and things happen. I have learned just enough about how to develop the ideas once they're out there to be dangerous, and I know how to work the audio. That's about it. Everything else is unconscious and random.

"So Laz, you're basically saying you pull this stuff out of your ass."

"That's as good a rationale as any I've found, and certainly explains why my music isn't exactly the highest quality!" ;)

I Really Enjoyed That! Wonderful Piece My Friend!! I Constantly Have Melodies And What I Call "Scenes" Running Through My Head. I Know Exactly How It Sounds Down To The Last Minute Detail But I Don't Play Those Instruments. I Need To Work On This Stuff Because I Have A Lot Of It In Me Naturally And I Need To Get It Out If For Nobody Else But Myself.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

I Constantly Have Melodies And What I Call "Scenes" Running Through My Head. I Know Exactly How It Sounds Down To The Last Minute Detail But I Don't Play Those Instruments. I Need To Work On This Stuff Because I Have A Lot Of It In Me Naturally And I Need To Get It Out If For Nobody Else But Myself.
Do it!

You owe it to yourself - it's actually a lot of fun, plus it feels good to exercise the brain cells. As you mention re: yourself, I do this stuff because I need to do it - it's not my usual commissioned ad work.

Might as well get going. Just lay it out one note at a time, and see what happens! If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

You compose real score music with orchestral arrangements - which I do pretty much like. It's close to the baroque epoche compositions that I prefer most in terms of classical compositions, I endeavoured whilst my grammar school days and reading Tolkien.

I do record my pure and poor playing only. That makes to me the difference to your sophisticated approach.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Do it!

You owe it to yourself - it's actually a lot of fun, plus it feels good to exercise the brain cells. As you mention re: yourself, I do this stuff because I need to do it - it's not my usual commissioned ad work.

Might as well get going. Just lay it out one note at a time, and see what happens! If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
You Are Right..I Have To Do It...For Me. The Best Way For Me To Begin Is To Simply Begin. It's Time...

You compose real score music with orchestral arrangements - which I do pretty much like. It's close to the baroque epoche compositions that I prefer most in terms of classical compositions, I endeavoured whilst my grammar school days and reading Tolkien.

I do record my pure and poor playing only. That makes to me the difference to your sophisticated approach.
Actually, you play really well, and you're very creative. I like your work.

Back