What would your second PRS be if you had a DGT?

To get the most out of the piezo, you'll want at least .011s on there, which if you run .011s on your DGT as per normal, you're good. The P245 Semihollow with .011s...that might be your ticket.

image.jpeg
[/URL]I'm on to my second PRS too. The first was a Pauls Guitar at Christmas and for my 2nd I've just plonked down the cash on a 14', 513. I'm really impressed with video and written reviews on this model. Super versatile and all proprietary PRS. Can't wait for it to arrive.

This will probably be it for me from the PRS stable. I see a Collings 335 style semi and a Framus of some description in my future. Not for a good while though now that our $$$ is back in the toilet. Those two premium brands make even PRS Core models look like chump change here in Oz.

So many nice guitars out there these days & so little time.

Last edited:
I've got a DGT and also a stripped 58. they compliment each other perfectly.

Thanks everybody, lots to think about here. I never considered going hollow-bodied before, but I like the idea.

A piezo would be a great alternative, the p245 would tick a lot of boxes being a different scale and a single-cut. I tried a stripped 58 before and loved the profile, assuming they're the same.
Do it.

To me the DGT is so versatile I would go for something very different.Bolt-on,stoptail bridge,Floyd,shorter or longer scale length,singlecoils or acoustic.

I backup my DGT with a Custom 24. Although I do have my eye on a Studio......or a 408........or a McCarty...... :)

Well, my first is a 408. My second (and yeah, the bug is hitting me lol) would be a semi hollow. Might be cool to have a (mismatched) pair of 408s, one solid and one semihollow... There are a few Experience 408 semis available out there

You think you will stop at two ( HA I dare you ) once you get the second you will find another one as far as the one after the DTG
1) CU24
2) 408 or SC58
3) 513 or 305 or BM
To be honest it would be hard too go wrong just get pics of them all and throw a dart :) and get that one

I'd try to get my hands on a P245 and a 408/PG.
If you try a 408/PG, I suggest you to play a bit with the amp too, as it seems to me that those single coil really excels when you find an amp settings that matches well.

I, too, am struggling with this thought as well. I try to limit myself with a few guitars, but I'd like a 3rd PRS in the near future to go along with my SE Bernie and DGT Standard. Problem is my budget is limited, and it's a stretch going over the $2k range, and, I'd prefer another stoptail if possible and definitely 22 frets.

My contenders within the budget are:

McCarty
CU22 (I know, trem for the most models, hope to find a stoptail)
P22 (good luck finding one for under 2k)
SC245

Back