What would your second PRS be if you had a DGT?

CakeEater

I absolutely love my DGT, so much so it's made me a complete PRS convert.

I try to limit myself to two electric guitars, both with enough versatility to be interchangeable. For all you guys out there who've had huge collections, if you were to own a DGT and one other PRS, what would it be and why?

I was thinking maybe an sc245 or a studio would be a nice complement. I'd love to hear your opinions.

I would think that if you wanted a flexible guitar to compliment your DGT and you only wanted to own two then I would think a 408 would be a good choice with all of it's switching options.

Oh and I wouldn't worry about the second one. I would worry about 5,6,7,8 and so on.

Thanks folks,

Yeah I think a middle pickup would be a nice touch. I've heard great things about the 513. Do the 513 and 408 quack?

It would be another DGT for me haha ! ;)
12004694_10154248023032564_6598619848320231553_n_zps0u68e3un.jpg

Thanks folks,

Yeah I think a middle pickup would be a nice touch. I've heard great things about the 513. Do the 513 and 408 quack?

There are a few benefits of a 513: 5 more voicings than a 408, and, according to a friend who owns a 408, there is less volume loss in switching through all the positions.
I highly recommend a 513. It will be the right sister to your DGT.

Anything with either the 58/15 or 85/15 pickups.

(I should add that I already have a 408 Standard.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I was going to pipe up with the P245 semi-hollow, or something else singlecutty. SC245 is a good choice, too. Is the DGT a trem? Get something with a stoptail. I love a good stoptail.

Last edited:
Depending on what you're looking for (music style wise), but something versatile/different to me would be: Brent Mason, DC3 or P245...

But to be honest, 2 PRS guitars would not be enough... because as soon as we have two good versatile ones, then we start to look for one more for something more specific, and then another one, etc... I already have a wish-list with 20 PRS I would love to own!

Don't underestimate the goodness of the CU24 30th Anniversary models with the 85/15 pickups.

Thanks everybody, lots to think about here. I never considered going hollow-bodied before, but I like the idea.

A piezo would be a great alternative, the p245 would tick a lot of boxes being a different scale and a single-cut. I tried a stripped 58 before and loved the profile, assuming they're the same.

Back