WHAT ARE YOUR OTHER INTERESTS?

What are your other hobbies/interests?

• Total voters
Pinball - Own several machines which ya kinda have to these days as they are darn hard to find in the wild anymore
Photography - nothing professional just always looking for the next "Perfect shot"
Cooking - My wife is a lucky lady and she'll be the first to admit it ;-)
Euro-Board games - Catan, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, Agricola, Dominion, 7 Wonders, etc... Have a gaming group that I meet with monthly to keep the analytical side of my brain active.
Love biking, camping, movies and reading the occasional book too but if I'm headed to the proverbial desert island my PRS is the first thing coming with me then maybe a generator to power a pinball machine :)

Steve

I hate the song "Pinball Wizard".

I am a custom knife collector. Tactical folders mostly but some fixed blades too.

My collection is not big as it once was but I still have some very nice and quite valuable pieces.

There's a guy in Davis, CA who has a five-year waiting list for his wares.

Golf. I suck but it's fun.

RC flight. I have a small quadcopter (dislike the word drone) and it's a fun sporty little unit.

Playing and gigging with my band.

You know, I forgot to mention that on the side I'm a sex therapist. Of course, it's just something I do for fun.

It's too bad we can't get into this. Not that I am anti gun, but I'd love to have an adult conversation with someone "with your background/beliefs" on how we can get a handle on things as a society. Unfortunately, that's as far as we'll be able to take this here. Too bad we're not closer to each other. This would be a good thing to chat about over food/drinks and guitars.
The answer to your concerns is very simple. An armed society is a polite society.. Why would you care what someone has if you are armed? Even if they are a "phsyco" or "unbalanced" as folks like you like to say..........SHALL NOT be infringed..............
Besides that......... Motorcycles (Particularly Harley's) Camping, fishing( trying to learn fly) P/Us (big ol diesels........Ive got a Dodge with a Cummins) but right now keeping Baldy alive..................................................
edit
Forgot to mention Golf........ I had the ability to be really good "back in the day" but now I am a hack at best.......................
:)

Last edited:
The answer to your concerns is very simple. An armed society is a polite society.

We have an armed society. There are several guns for every household in America. If you're saying our society is polite, I beg to differ.

There may be lots of good reasons why people should have the right to bear arms, but politeness certainly isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Photography - nudes, guitars, landscapes
Painting - oils, because acrylics are too slippery
Construction, carpentry - finished the basement and garage, the master bath is next. Also cabinetry, most recently made a poo palace for the litterbox.
Guns - run a monthly USPSA competition, hunting, clays, skeet
Travel - headed to Warsaw next.
Licensed pilot - single engine land
Licensed amateur radio operator - advanced

Oops, I forgot to mention reading. The stack or real books and virtual books is tall enough to last me a long, long time. And, I'm still adding yo both stacks.

Last edited:
Besides guitars? well, amps and pedals.....:)

I'm a father and a sci-fi geek. I'm also a frequent beach bum and mountain biker in the summers when we visit the family house in northern Indiana.

I checked racing because I bought a Subaru WRX last year figuring it was the last chance to get something fun (for me) before electric made even more sense. Through that I watch Subaru's YouTube channel for highlights of their rally cross performances.

I checked art because I have a BFA in printmaking and still collect prints of artists I really like. I have tons of stuff and most of it is framed and sitting in a closet after the move to a furnished condo earlier this year.

Finally I checked reading and movies because I frequently do one or the other. Lately it's more audio books than reading. I try and stay caught up on DnD style fantasy stuff and watch a lot of documentary style film and dig a good movie "about nothing" as the wife says.

This intrigues me. How does one go about getting into this?
Find a gaming group in your area and just show up. Or, look for a play by email game or a PtP game through one of the websites, like Board Game Geek(BGG) or Consimworld. The world has become wide open for board gaming since the 60's and 70's when it was popular. Many of the games have been converted to modules for board gaming programs like VASSAL and Cyberboard that allow them to played across the net. The nerds are very inventive and dedicated.

If that fails, there are some really powerful solitaire games available like the D-Day series from Decision Games, the COIN series from GMT games, and others. There's a group over at BGG devoted to it called "Solitaire Games on Your Table" where players regularly post what they're currently playing. There is an amazingly wide variety currently available on many different subjects. On top of that, some of them have been implemented for smart phone and tablet like Infection: Mankind's Last Gasp, Zulus at the Ramparts, Pandemic, Phantom Leader, Leaping Lemmings, Dominant Species, and soon to be Night Fighter and Twilight Struggle. While some of those titles might be less than serious, historical, or not particularly sophisticated, the digital adaption age is picking up steam. D-Day at Omaha Beach also just got implemented as a stand alone PC program. The AI for that one seems to be kicking my ass these days.

Last edited:
Lots of cyclists here. Good.

I've been into the bicycle thing since '91. Still in the industry. Guitars are my second "thing".

And beer. Can't forget about that.

And Pro Football.

And College Football...

Find a gaming group in your area and just show up. Or, look for a play by email game or a PtP game through one of the websites, like Board Game Geek(BGG) or Consimworld. The world has become wide open for board gaming since the 60's and 70's when it was popular. Many of the games have been converted to modules for board gaming programs like VASSAL and Cyberboard that allow them to played across the net. The nerds are very inventive and dedicated.

If that fails, there are some really powerful solitaire games available like the D-Day series from Decision Games, the COIN series from GMT games, and others. There's a group over at BGG devoted to it called "Solitaire Games on Your Table" where players regularly post what they're currently playing. There is an amazingly wide variety currently available on many different subjects. On top of that, some of them have been implemented for smart phone and tablet like Infection: Mankind's Last Gasp, Zulus at the Ramparts, Pandemic, Phantom Leader, Leaping Lemmings, Dominant Species, and soon to be Night Fighter and Twilight Struggle. While some of those titles might be less than serious, historical, or not particularly sophisticated, the digital adaption age is picking up steam. D-Day at Omaha Beach also just got implemented as a stand alone PC program. The AI for that one seems to be kicking my ass these days.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice.

The answer to your concerns is very simple. An armed society is a polite society.. Why would you care what someone has if you are armed? Even if they are a "phsyco" or "unbalanced" as folks like you like to say..........SHALL NOT be infringed..............

Not sure what that means? Here are some adjectives that describe me:
Male
Proud
American (not French/German American...just American)
Republican
Catholic
Gun Owner
Over 45
Bald
Tattooed
Guitar Enthusiast
Metalhead
Blues Lover
Honest
Passionate
Loyal
Patient
Respectful (when it's earned, and when it's appropriate if it hasn't been earned)
Polite (always, unless actions warrant otherwise)
Employeed
Trustful

Maybe you can let me know which of those describes "folks like you". BTW, your choice of using a phrase likes that disproves your theory that an armed society is a polite society. One more thing, you left out the other 23 words.

Hockey and Tattooing. I don't have time for too many interests!

Oh wait, I'm also into Ancient Egyptian history and archeology, Marine Aquariums, and read a ton of SciFi/Fantasy and history books.

Last edited:
Back