What a cool bass!

Wow, my 1989 Steinberger XM2T (with locking trans trem, bar not attached) is cool, but I would love to have one of these as well! Thanks for sharing!! Here is mine along with my EBMM Stingray (bad color in this photo, true Lava Pearl color ROCKS)!!!
Basses_001.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool basses. Would love to have either.

Wow, my 1989 Steinberger XM2T (with locking trans trem, bar not attached) is cool, but I would love to have one of these as well! Thanks for sharing!! Here is mine along with my EBMM Stingray (bad color in this photo, true Lava Pearl color ROCKS)!!!
Basses_001.jpg

I wonder which bass Wes is using. I'd wager it is the one Paul is play-testing. One bass has a locking nut. The other one does not. I also see a difference in the pickups. Strap locks are different as well.

Given that the hand-written signature appears to be the same, I'd guess the first image is a composite that was created in PhotoShop.

wes-borland-guitar-2021.jpg

paul-playcheck-wes-borland-4-string.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool basses. Would love to have either.

I wonder which bass Wes is using. I'd wager it is the one Paul is play-testing. One bass has a locking nut. The other one does not. I also see a difference in the pickups. Strap locks are different as well.

Given that the hand-written signature appears to be the same, I'd guess the first image is a composite that was created in PhotoShop.

wes-borland-guitar-2021.jpg

paul-playcheck-wes-borland-4-string.jpg
Wow, way to scope the details! Of course, Wes may have both, but you are probably right because I think the locking trems usually have the nut at the top on other FR stuff!!

Last edited:
I think the first image was as it was when the guitar was originally built. My understanding is that Wes sent it back for a couple fixes - shown in the photo with Paul. He's got another one or two of these four string guys.
that's it. he had the first version and returned it for some tweaks like the locking nut.
O would like to see more options on the low tunning instruments, like a baritone with piezo, with single coil pick ups and/or term. A Mark Lettieri baritone SE signature would be awesome, IMOP

Back