Westie’s getting some 57/08’s

It's odd, I've wondered exactly what pickups are in the Westie. The hang tag on one of the Westies I owned said "West St Ltd". Sergio and I have had conversations about them being Mira pickups. When I run the modcat on my Red Westie it comes back with 57/08.

It's odd, I've wondered exactly what pickups are in the Westie. The hang tag on one of the Westies I owned said "West St Ltd". Sergio and I have had conversations about them being Mira pickups. When I run the modcat on my Red Westie it comes back with 57/08.

I’ve read a few different options. I think Dragon 1’s would be killer in a Westie.

That’s what’s in my Westie, although I “ordered” it with a 53/10 bass, but it was ridiculously yuge sounding (and not in a good way).
I’ve never played/heard the 53/10 or the 59/09. Seems like a travesty. The 53/10 was stock on the P22 when it first came out. I almost pulled the trigger but ended up building a PS P22 Studio with 408s.

I’ve never played/heard the 53/10 or the 59/09. Seems like a travesty. The 53/10 was stock on the P22 when it first came out. I almost pulled the trigger but ended up building a PS P22 Studio with 408s.

I believe I had a few sets of P22 53/10’s. They weren’t bad. Not terribly boomy. I really wish that PRS would have Squabbin 57/08’s for sale. For some reason they are so much better than the covered versions.

Many moons ago I picked up a 53/10 \m/ combo from someone who pulled them from a PS. That’s where I learned about how great the \m/ Squabbin pairs with the 85/15 neck.

I believe I had a few sets of P22 53/10’s. They weren’t bad. Not terribly boomy. I really wish that PRS would have Squabbin 57/08’s for sale. For some reason they are so much better than the covered versions.

Many moons ago I picked up a 53/10 \m/ combo from someone who pulled them from a PS. That’s where I learned about how great the \m/ Squabbin pairs with the 85/15 neck.
The squabbin 57/08s are hotter. I have them in my P22 Trem. I have a set of covered 57/08s that I bought in 2017 that are as hot as the squabbins in my P22 Trem. They sound as good as the uncovered set. You can't get the hotter covered set anymore for some reason. I am not sure why they were winding them hotter for a while.

Back