Well what do ya know...a new Silver Sky Model!

Dead Spec just arrived from Sweetwater. The wood grain popping through is so much more beautiful than I’ve seen in pics. Sounds/plays wonderful unplugged. Will have to plug it in after work today and get it on a scale. It feels quite heavy for a strat style guitar.

Not all the Silver Skys. First 500 had hard cases.

case.jpg
Yup. I can attest to that!

Dead Spec just arrived from Sweetwater. The wood grain popping through is so much more beautiful than I’ve seen in pics. Sounds/plays wonderful unplugged. Will have to plug it in after work today and get it on a scale. It feels quite heavy for a strat style guitar.

Congratulations. Looking forward to your new guitar thread.

Mine doesn't feel so heavy - I'll have to get it on a scale.

My buddy's seemed a little bit heavier than mine from my brief look at it, however; I'll ask him to weigh his too, if he can be bothered.

I don't know what to make of this :):oops::cool:

Mine weighs 6.88 lbs! Meanwhile, my buddy has messaged me to boast that his "only" weighs in at 7.10 lbs........

Maybe gravity really is lower on this side of the pond ;)

Does anyone know if the Dead Specs still come with a trem arm? Mine didn’t. I know they used to even though the trem is essentially blocked (non functioning).

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Dead Specs still come with a trem arm? Mine didn’t. I know they used to even though the trem is decked
Is it decked or blocked? A decked vibrato would still go down so an arm should be on it. If it's completely blocked then no use for an arm.

Is it decked or blocked? A decked vibrato would still go down so an arm should be on it. If it's completely blocked then no use for an arm.
Blocked (hardtailed trem?). It actually doesn’t have a back cavity with springs, etc. just a trem bridge that is an essentially a stop tail. Has small brass block in back through which you route the strings. So a trem arm does nothing. But I know people who got them early had a trem arm included, which was amusing. I assume PRS decided it wasn’t worth including them if they are just for show.

Last edited:
Back