Well what do ya know...a new Silver Sky Model!

PRS had to do something. After all, Fender just released the 'Bruno Mars Limited Edition Signature Stratocaster' around the same price point.
Yeah, I saw that and scratched my head so deeply I no longer have to part my hair...

Because when I think of memorable Strat players, Bruno Mars is somewhere in the top 20...200...um, 2000?

But hey, it *does* include a hard case, a first for the Silver Sky's :cool:

Not all the Silver Skys. First 500 had hard cases.

case.jpg

Not to overly advocate for the ol devil, but I wonder if a batch of trem bridges came back defective. Why bury a bridge block and fixate it? Because it’s all about the tone, man!!!!

I got to 23,857 and his name still hadn't come up.
I personally think it’s a really cool vintage/modern Strat, and love the color. But to add $1,500 for a pop star’s signature is absurd. That could easily have been released as a regular FSR (Fender Special Run) and they would have sold a bunch. Really sick of everyone and their sister getting signature models.

Jerry wanted an ultra clean tone, hence the blaster, and later his series of Alembics including Wolf, Tiger and Rosebud.

While $6k for a hot rod strat is steep , the cheapest guitar in the Alembic line is $11,500 without options..

I can tell you as an owner of 2 Alembics , they do super Clean better than any guitar/bass around ..

FYI on the Blaster .. Alembic sells them for $225, pretty easy and common upgrade in stratland.. this is what it does:
Blaster Features include:
  • Gain adjustable from 3-14dB
  • Isolates capacitance of cable
  • Frequency response of guitar not affected by volume
  • Very low battery drain (~100µA)
  • Battery life ~10 months
  • Solid brass mounting plate

Last edited:
FYI on the Blaster .. Alembic sells them for $225 this is what it does:
Blaster Features include:
  • Gain adjustable from 3-14dB
  • Isolates capacitance of cable
  • Frequency response of guitar not affected by volume
  • Very low battery drain (~100µA)
  • Battery life ~10 months
  • Solid brass mounting plate
They also come in Chrome plate, that's what I used on my SE SS. Danged if I can find my post about it though.

Last edited:
One nice thing about Mica ( daughter and head of Artist relations) and Ron Wickersham, they are still involved on a daily basis .
Mica actually is active on thier forum and answers all questions . They will build anything out of any wood that is suitable, but $$ and time are always a premium. They actually like customer supplied wood that meets spec, because
" there's always a story behind it "

They also come in Chrome plate, that's what I used on my SE SS. Danged if I can find my post about it though.
Here ya go...

I’d buy a guitar with Bruno’s name on it if I thought it help me write songs like him.
I suppose that is one approach. But when I think of Bruno Mars, I don't think of him as a "guitar guy" (the way I associate Gilmour, or Prince, or almost any other artist with a "signature" model). He's a pop artist who occasionally plays guitar and other instruments (or so I've learned recently). Other than the obvious Taylor Swift (Taylor signature) and I guess Ed Sheeran (Martin and now Lowden), I'm sure there are many other pop artists (known mostly for their solo work) who occasionally played a guitar, but I honestly can't come up with any/many right now...

I mean, I googled for images of BM, and the 16th image and the 25th image showed him with a guitar, and maybe a few more much further down. So just not an obvious association for me.

feh. not a fan of this thin sound. he was MUCH better in D&C with the humbucking guitars because they had girth.

Here ya go...

Wow, thanks man!!!

Back