Well what do ya know...a new Silver Sky Model!

And a PRS trem! Now we're talking..

Just the kick I need to finish this HSH partscaster with a core trem. Maybe that will help with my GAS

But wait, now all the folks saying PRS was just trying to create a Strat clone are gonna complain that they've gone too far in straying from the core intentions!

;)

Interesting...I probably won't buy one because I like my Silver Sky "as is", but I bet they'll sell like hotcakes.

You mean decked? You can set to float.
Nope. There are two screws at the back of the bridge attaching it to the body very firmly.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJnbG9iYWwtaW1hZ2VzL1NpbHZlclNreS1EZWFkU3BlYy1mZWF0dXJlZHNwZWNzLTIwMjMtYnJpZGdlLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7ImpwZWciOnsicXVhbGl0eSI6NjAsInByb2dyZXNzaXZlIjp0cnVlLCJ0cmVsbGlzUXVhbnRpc2F0aW9uIjp0cnVlLCJvdmVyc2hvb3REZXJpbmdpbmciOnRydWUsIm9wdGltaXplU2NhbnMiOnRydWV9LCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjc2OCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo3NjgsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn19fQ==

Nope. There are two screws at the back of the bridge attaching it to the body very firmly.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJnbG9iYWwtaW1hZ2VzL1NpbHZlclNreS1EZWFkU3BlYy1mZWF0dXJlZHNwZWNzLTIwMjMtYnJpZGdlLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7ImpwZWciOnsicXVhbGl0eSI6NjAsInByb2dyZXNzaXZlIjp0cnVlLCJ0cmVsbGlzUXVhbnRpc2F0aW9uIjp0cnVlLCJvdmVyc2hvb3REZXJpbmdpbmciOnRydWUsIm9wdGltaXplU2NhbnMiOnRydWV9LCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjc2OCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo3NjgsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn19fQ==
I missed that! Thanks. Could probably remove and float? Then two big holes! Just no. Poor trem

I missed that! Thanks. Could probably remove and float? Then two big holes! Just no. Poor trem
Nope again - there's no cavity for it. The block goes through, but it's a snug fit. Unless you wanted to seriously route out the body

No trem cavity. No trem springs. Just a trem bridge screwed to the top of the body with string-thru-body.

Eric Clapton never uses the tremolo on his Strat.

But he prefers the tone of a Strat that has a tremolo.

He doesn't want a hard tail.

Maybe this new PRS preserves the tone of a guitar with a tremolo while not really having a functional tremolo?

From what I read, only about 1000 of these guitars will be available.

Great demo, as always, but does Bryan seem especially low key in this one? Maybe filmed first thing in the morning?

Looks like a cool guitar to me. All aspects, except for the string retainer, seem to be fun tweaks to the regular SS.

PRS knows that it's only going to appeal to a small group of people, and thus the run limited to 1000 examples ;)

Back