Well...the wait is over & my papers have been delivered

crgtr

Zombie Eight - DFZ
True to my wife's word, it's pretty much exactly like we discussed (outside lawyers). Many mixed emotions. I wish she had agreed to these terms 3 months ago when I suggested them. It would've saved us $2k. Oh well....So looks like I will be divorced soon. I want to thank so many of you for all the words of encouragement. It meant a lot to me to have so many of you reach out to me, I get my little girl for longer periods of time than before, but I also have to go a few extra days before geting her. An up-side to that is that I will now have some weekends open. I haven't had that for a year (except for the EXP). I started the video thing as a musical release and it was therapeutic during the separation. You guys have also been instrumental in keeping me sane.
I sold a lot of very nice guitars & amps & I didn't die. Mark was right....it's just stuff. I now have a chance to let more music in my life. Actually putting a funky, rockin', swinging', twangin' bluesy band together to play a few times a month. I get to spend 6 days in a row with Kate and I get to start the next chapter. I'm gonna be alright. Feels weird right now, but I know I'll be ok.
5FC613AF-3B1D-4A46-BED4-FB22BE24719F-7741-000004BB9EADC33E.jpg

Glad it's coming to closure. Glad you'll be seeing your little girl more often. Sorry it didn't work out...

Jamie

True to my wife's word, it's pretty much exactly like we discussed (outside lawyers). Many mixed emotions. I wish she had agreed to these terms 3 months ago when I suggested them. It would've saved us $2k. Oh well....So looks like I will be divorced soon. I want to thank so many of you for all the words of encouragement. It meant a lot to me to have so many of you reach out to me, I get my little girl for longer periods of time than before, but I also have to go a few extra days before geting her. An up-side to that is that I will now have some weekends open. I haven't had that for a year (except for the EXP). I started the video thing as a musical release and it was therapeutic during the separation. You guys have also been instrumental in keeping me sane.
I sold a lot of very nice guitars & amps & I didn't die. Mark was right....it's just stuff. I now have a chance to let more music in my life. Actually putting a funky, rockin', swinging', twangin' bluesy band together to play a few times a month. I get to spend 6 days in a row with Kate and I get to start the next chapter. I'm gonna be alright. Feels weird right now, but I know I'll be ok.
5FC613AF-3B1D-4A46-BED4-FB22BE24719F-7741-000004BB9EADC33E.jpg

Yes, you will be okay. And more importantly, your daughter will be too. I've been divorced for almost ten years now, and once in a great while I still miss a little moment or memory here or there. But I am absolutely happier now than I have ever been.

I wish you all the peace and happiness you're entitled to. The days are only getting brighter!

Lloyd

P.S. - About the time I think your daughter can't get any cuter, here you come with a new pic and the bar is raised again. She is an angel, and IMO she has a great dad. Bless you both.

Glad to hear you can spend more time with your daughter. Sending good vibes your way, Chris.

Having things settled is way better than having everything up in the air. It may not be a perfect solution, but now you can make real plans for yourself, your daughter and your life together.

Heavy mojo being sent your way, buddie.

I'd imagine it feels like a bit of a relief in some ways. Emotional stuff is very exhausting.

The most important thing is you get Kate a little more.

P.S. - About the time I think your daughter can't get any cuter, here you come with a new pic and the bar is raised again. She is an angel, and IMO she has a great dad. Bless you both.

+1 to this.

Craig, I'm sure you'll be ok. Your next partner will be much better, you'll see (it just works that way). I got divorced six months ago and I'm better off with my new girlfriend already. (though I was surprised the world didn't end back then)

I will be in Nashville soon. The drinks my friend are on me. Here's to a happy and fun 2013!

You got through a tough time - did what you needed to do. Now it's time to enjoy life!

You're good to go.

Glad to hear things are looking up Chris. Enjoy your little girl she adorable.

Glad this chapter is closed, Chris. Very happy things are working out well with your daughter. Thoughts and prayers are with you friend.

Congratulations and condolences, as appropriate. Sounds like you are in the right place, the only thing that matters is Kate. Stuff is just Stuff... ;)

Band sounds fun, music seems like a good way to find some peace. :)

Last edited:
A new chapter will begin, may it be a happy and very musical one. Good luck in this new beginning.

New Beginnings always offer new Opportunities...
Beautiful Child my friend....

Glad to hear you are feeling better about things. It is always so rough when you are carrying a mental load the is overwhelming that you can't just put down. But, hey onward and upward right!!! Enjoy the moments Chris...

I got divorced about 7 years ago, VERY rough divorce, my ex was very bitter. To make a long story short I remarried and am very happy and am myself now. I honestly believe it was the best thing for my son. He is 9 now, and now he gets to see a loving relationship between me and my new wife. My ex is still bitter and causes trouble occasionally (today!) but as parents we are roll models. And even though it sucks to go thru a divorce and a failed marriage when there is a little one around, it is very rewarding to know that my son is loved in 2 households and that he will know that he will learn the benefits of a loving relationship. There is always someone out there who will treat you with the love and respect that you deserve. On the flip side, it rocks having free weekends every other week! lol. It actually makes the weekends that my son is here (and my step daughter from my wifes first marriage) more special because we make sure to make it a point to do something special with them. I promise you that even when things seem rough, they are only growing pains! Your daughter one day will thank you and admire the courage it took to do the right thing.

Back