USPS delivers near extinct reptiles...

I've got them in my '96. Sweet pickups. I seem to remember when some leftovers were found at PRS when they were cleaning or something like that. I feel like they sold them to the forum or something? Anyone else remember that, or am I making sh!t up?

I remember they had a “discontinued pickups” section on their site for a little bit. Don’t recall if I ever saw any Dragons on there. This pair definitely hasn’t been used before.

Nice!

I fear for the day when I start doing pup swaps. In the 35 years I've play elec guitar, I have never had the inclination to swap out pups, generally finding the factory pups in any given guitar appropriate for what I want that guitar to do. And the one PRS I have that has non-factory pups came to me that way (my Santana with EVH Wolfgangs), but I would have been happy to have stock pups, I suspect.

But if I ever get the itch to start swapping pups...man, I fear it would be yet another rabbit hole for me. It would be like how I am with pedal boards: oh, perfect this time! Nailed it! Wait, what if I swapped out this pedal for the new one by <insert brand X here>? That might let me do this! Yeah, now that's done, it's perfect! Wait, what if...
I am 100% on the same page as you - I swap out pedals routinely but never change pickups (OK - once in 40 years)

Back