USPS delivers near extinct reptiles...

Bowtiefanatc

Confirmed Bird Snob
Just got my Zebra Dragons in the mail today! Can’t wait to put them into something and listen to them scream. Hopefully picking up a new guitar at the end of the year which these will be dedicated to.

It looks like someone got these years ago and just sat on them. They are in perfect condition

Last edited:
Yes, Dragon 1 full set.
I had them in one of my CU22's ..... They are great pickups. A little hot for my style of play. But great tone none the less. They clean up pretty good when you roll back the volume knob on the guitar.

15078579_10157736419480331_867786743020386568_n.jpg

I had them in one of my CU22's ..... They are great pickups. A little hot for my style of play. But great tone none the less. They clean up pretty good when you roll back the volume knob on the guitar.

15078579_10157736419480331_867786743020386568_n.jpg

Looks great! I’ll be putting mine in a 24 fretter. Hoping they will be a great combo.

Looks great! I’ll be putting mine in a 24 fretter. Hoping they will be a great combo.
I wished they were covered as far as looks go. But the tone, particularly for lead stuff was pretty incredible. As much as some don't agree, I like the dragon II's a bit better for my style of play. They "Can" get hot....but they don't have to be, and they are a little "Warmer" even if the dragon I's had much more cut through while still remaining pretty sweet.

I wished they were covered as far as looks go. But the tone, particularly for lead stuff was pretty incredible. As much as some don't agree, I like the dragon II's a bit better for my style of play. They "Can" get hot....but they don't have to be, and they are a little "Warmer" even if the dragon I's had much more cut through while still remaining pretty sweet.

I had a set of D2’s in a standard 24 and they were great for the style. The one these are destined for is a mahogany body and no maple top. Hoping to get some good bite out of it.

Nice!

I fear for the day when I start doing pup swaps. In the 35 years I've play elec guitar, I have never had the inclination to swap out pups, generally finding the factory pups in any given guitar appropriate for what I want that guitar to do. And the one PRS I have that has non-factory pups came to me that way (my Santana with EVH Wolfgangs), but I would have been happy to have stock pups, I suspect.

But if I ever get the itch to start swapping pups...man, I fear it would be yet another rabbit hole for me. It would be like how I am with pedal boards: oh, perfect this time! Nailed it! Wait, what if I swapped out this pedal for the new one by <insert brand X here>? That might let me do this! Yeah, now that's done, it's perfect! Wait, what if...

Nice!

I fear for the day when I start doing pup swaps. In the 35 years I've play elec guitar, I have never had the inclination to swap out pups, generally finding the factory pups in any given guitar appropriate for what I want that guitar to do. And the one PRS I have that has non-factory pups came to me that way (my Santana with EVH Wolfgangs), but I would have been happy to have stock pups, I suspect.

But if I ever get the itch to start swapping pups...man, I fear it would be yet another rabbit hole for me. It would be like how I am with pedal boards: oh, perfect this time! Nailed it! Wait, what if I swapped out this pedal for the new one by <insert brand X here>? That might let me do this! Yeah, now that's done, it's perfect! Wait, what if...

It is 100% a rabbit hole but sometimes you love exactly how a guitar plays in your hands but you hate how it sounds plugged in. If you can bring those two together how it feels in your hands and sounds in your brain it’s a beautiful thing.

It is 100% a rabbit hole but sometimes you love exactly how a guitar plays in your hands but you hate how it sounds plugged in. If you can bring those two together how it feels in your hands and sounds in your brain it’s a beautiful thing.
I get that's the reason folks swap pups around, but to be honest, I've never picked up a PRS and been disappointed with the tone. I might swap to a different guitar to get a particular tone (e.g. my 305 or 509 to get a nice stratty sound), but I like what they all do with what they have. Maybe I'm just not picky when it comes to pups. :shrug:

Nice!

LOL....I just posted a thread about this a couple of days ago. Once people start modding their stuff, it becomes an obsession. They simply "can't" leave it alone.....LOL

Dragon 1's are fantastic pup's. I have a set in my first generation SE Custom semi-hollow.

The Kid

Back