Upgrading PRS SE to Phase II Locking Tuners - Installation Piicture Story

I just received my Tremonti SE Custom yesterday ... AWESOME guitar!
I'll be adding phase II locking tuners, new pickups, and maybe a US trem and other odds and ends.
Not that the guitar really "needs" all of these upgrades, but I'm sure they will be benificial.
Besides ... I like to tinker. :wink:

And here it is with the Tremonti pickups installed. Holding off on the locking tuners, for now.
227777_478324742225118_1436398954_n.jpg

And here are the Schaller Locking Tuners installed. Straight drop-ins with no modifications.
603056_482137061843886_1089222135_n.jpg
554561_482137051843887_2048073660_n.jpg

Just ordered 2 sets of Phase II, so I can make a complete set for my SE 7. Thanks for the info!

UPDATE- I replaced the tuners in my SE7 with the Phase II PRS locking tuners.
ROCK SOLID.
You could probably hit it with a hammer and it's not going out of tune. I love it.

UPDATE- I replaced the tuners in my SE7 with the Phase II PRS locking tuners.
ROCK SOLID.
You could probably hit it with a hammer and it's not going out of tune. I love it.

Did you consider (or have used) the Grover 406C6 locking tuners? I'm not sure frankly, that my Phase II on my S2 Standard 22 keep in tune any better than my SE Clint Lowery, although the CL doesn't have a tremolo (although I don't use it that much). I do bend a fair amount.

I have an S2 Custom 22 that I really like. I had to keep tightening the tuner button screws for about a month before I got the guitar to hold tune. Now it`s fine. I`m keeping the stock trem for now. I both bend and whammy a fair amount, sometimes together. It works just fine, although I did put some SpringNo foam inside the springs to keep the sproing at inaudible levels. It`s the only PRS I haven`t modified.

Last edited:
Back