Unboxing video....

Impressive! Looking forward to seeing the guitar put back together.

I still need to solder the pickups in, string it up, and do a final set-up...but, here is the finished product!!! I'm loving it as much as the McRibs I ate for dinner, lol!

I am debating blocking the Floyd since I don't really use them anymore, but I do miss having a Floyd - I used to be pretty skilled with my whammy...

Fuuuuuuu...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Wow, that is all sorts of awesomeness right there!

Fuuuuuuu...

EXACTLY what @Boogie said....

Looks amazing bro!!!:cool:

Seriously, best guitar I’ve seen all year.

Bangin’!

Thanks guys!!! Yeah, I am SUPER stoked about it. I was really bummed after dropping the $2500 on it and having it be so dark and dead looking. It was hard to tell in the pictures, but EVERYTHING on the guitar was satin - everything. If I had seen it in a store I would have 100% passed. But it played really well and the tone was good. Shoot, I would have kept using the DW Tomahawk pickups if they weren't flat black. They sound good. I figure I'll sell them because they are pretty pricey pickups and I'll never use them. Get some of my money back, you know?

This has the 4 conductor 57/08s hooked to the 5-way. I'll just use PRS' schematic for the CU22. But having the 57/08 mixed with a Floyd will be interesting. The Floyd bridge tends to thin out the sound of a guitar, and the 57/08 is such a balanced pickup already - I am excited to see how the Floyd changes my beloved 57/08s. Doesn't PRS usually put \m/ pickups in the FR guitars?

Back