Ugly guitars....

You do realize there are many players who would add PRS guitars to this list.... in fact, I would add the new SE multi foil... ick!

That said, there are some truly fugly gittars out there...

This is the ugliest guitar I have.
Its uglier than the pic shows (this pic predates my buying it). Its the Fingerbone 'Strat'. With a massive Kahler Bridge and gold hardwear on a nasty brown burst. Its a heavy 9lb due to its solid maple body.

347431.jpg

The Fingerbone's redeeming feature is its sound. Its has the sweetest voice of any guitar I own or have played. Its fitted with Bare Knuckle Yardbird and Stormy Monday PUs.

I have bid on a guitar even uglier though (a charity auction). The auction ends on 30th June.

I actually find the Gibson Moderne a beautiful design, but like many things Gibson, it was ....."nah, no one will like that" until now they are rarer than hen's teeth and valuable to almost grail status. I can't post pictures but Google "Romeo Rose" and his guitar "Juliet". I don't know which is fouler, he or the guitar, but it's a nightmare. He himself is an interesting character, dirt poor West Virginian, moves to Austin to be a "Blues Man", fails at that, becomes a "Wedding Photographer" again fails and most notoriously lets an add for his perfect woman....full of racist and mysoginistic stuff. I'm no liberal guy, but this guy is past offensive and so is his guitar, which he had to "sell"... My next question upon seeing the guitar is Who?? bought that thing.

I'm old enough to remember three of these. The BC Rich Seagulls horn was an unintended stabbing device which is why I'm glad I had the Eagle.

Back