Ugh, Private Stock wait...

I did my order in October and got mine in April. They've done almost 400 orders since mine, so if delivery in January '17, that's pushing almost 50/month.

You got me with the buzzer beater man! I've got #6479!
I was also quoted Jan '17 but BRING IT ON!!! :)

NOICE! Best reciprocate, I suppose. Can we get all the 647X series on here? Best batch, from what I've heard...;)

20160517_132324_resized_zpsmpo0pa84.jpg

"I won't wait that long for MY custom built instrument," displays such entitlement that it makes me ill. So there's the whole issue of "deserve."
Its just a personal choice. We all get to make our own decisions about our thresholds based on any number of things going on in our lives and what our personal makeup is. Personally, I don't need another guitar so I'm quite happy waiting for years for something special that would be significant to me. There are other things I'm not nearly as patient about bringing to a resolution.

"I won't wait that long for MY custom built instrument," displays such entitlement that it makes me ill. So there's the whole issue of "deserve."

I didn't really read it as entitlement. That would imply that the OP explicitly thought his instrument somehow should take priority over those of other people. I read it more as simple frustration over having to wait so long after plunking down a significant amount of money. I'm sure I would (or, hopefully, will one day) feel very similar, without in any sense wanting or expecting to take priority over people who ordered earlier (or might be signature artists and go automatically to the front of the queue). So I viewed it more as understandable impatience. Which, in a sense, is exactly what GAS is for those of us who can't afford to buy a new guitar as soon as it tickles our fancy. And I think most of us are guilty of that at some point or another. (Note: I'm not trying to imply anything about any particular person's financial means here...just adding the qualifier because the statement doesn't really apply to people who are very wealthy.)

Personally, I don't need another guitar so I'm quite happy waiting for years for something special that would be significant to me. There are other things I'm not nearly as patient about bringing to a resolution.

However, I don't think you're the type of person who would make that decision, and then turn around and complain about it on the builder's forum.

I read it more as simple frustration over having to wait so long after plunking down a significant amount of money.

Reading the post, I don't think the OP actually placed an order.

I've been to PRS' PS department. They don't rush them through. That's the beauty of it, that's why there's strong demand, and that's why there's a wait.

What the guy is complaining about is the result of what's right about Private Stock, as opposed to production line, instruments.

It's why I have a few of them.

Then again, I could be overreacting. I do that. Everyone knows I'm a lunatic.

Last edited:
8 months is a cake walk. Try ordering a custom Jackson, Charvel, or ESP. 1 year minimum and sometimes 2.

Back