Tone

And yet, I still have a copy of the CD I bought when it came out! I remember seeing them open for Phish and being blown away. Was fortunate enough to catch them a few times in the 90s.
I saw that tour, holy cow. I forgot about that. They came through Boulder, CO back in the day and we enjoyed that show, man. WOW. Thanks for the brain tug.

Tone...

Man, where to begin?! How about the first name that comes to mind:

Bloomfield's playing was loud, but clear. It was really easy to hear when he's playing a Gibson or Tele. My favorites of his are the Les Paul tunes.

Next of course is Clapton in the Beano days:

Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes on anything works for me.
A few years back Warren Haynes came through town. His band and crew came in by bus but Warren flew in. His plane was delayed and he was about 40 min late to the show. He walked in through the front doors, through the crowd and hopped up on stage, took his guitar and apologized to the crowd. He said he'd make it up to everyone and then proceeded to play non stop for just over 3 hours. It was amazing.

He played I'll be the one on his 335 with an extended solo and it was just amazing. The tone, the touch the emotion. It was one of the best live performances I've ever seen.

Count me in as a fan of Warren Haynes for sure.

Back