Tone

I couldn't even come close to picking one song as an example of my favorite tone. I have heard so many songs that I feel have killer tone. I like a lot of different tones. I am an OD junkie. One tone I am really not fond of is is fuzz. I am more into lighter gain tones. I love me some spanky clean tone on a Tele as well.

I couldn't even come close to picking one song as an example of my favorite tone. I have heard so many songs that I feel have killer tone. I like a lot of different tones. I am an OD junkie. One tone I am really not fond of is is fuzz. I am more into lighter gain tones. I love me some spanky clean tone on a Tele as well.
Doesn't have to be your all time favorite. Just tones you like.

The first 10 seconds of this song and the Billy G's tone in general is awesome

Doesn't have to be your all time favorite. Just tones you like.

The first 10 seconds of this song and the Billy G's tone in general is awesome

His tone has always been great. He is definitely one I like. But there are so many others that I can say the same thing about. That is why I say it is kind of difficult for me to pick one. There would be so many of them to list.

Love the chili flavored chocolate analogy. I think it fits and I agree, that is a great tone!

I've subconsciously tried to copy this tone since I heard this album. To me, it's a perfect blend of saturation, note separation and tone

EDIT: playing is out of this world, too. Blues, jazz, and rock zipped all together. It's easy somewhere in the top 10 of my favourite albums.

Funny enough, I'm not familiar with Joe's other work

I sound nothing like this. I can't explain why, but it's still one of my favorite electric guitar tones. It's all about context. I guess.

Gooood tone. Sometimes the best tones seem so simple but...... :)

Another favorite tone:

I was going to post some U2 stuff as well. I think Edge is a very crafty guitarist. Great, unique tone that is very different from the classic rock and rock tones but instantly recognizable too.

I was going to post some U2 stuff as well. I think Edge is a very crafty guitarist. Great, unique tone that is very different from the classic rock and rock tones but instantly recognizable too.
Agree completely.

Fact is, he more or less invented a tone [edit, many tones]; as far as I know. I give the man a lot of credit, and I also give credit to his band for letting him do his thing without trying to make him sound like everyone else.

Huge props to all concerned.

[Another edit: what's great about Edge is also that he's very aware of harmony and melody, not just 'guzz-guzz-guzz' or blues tones.]

Last edited:
Back