To say hi and my thoughts on PRS.

Hi Alnus. We are going to be in the area next month so I will try and get in to see their selection. :)

My wee lad loved the drum shop they have!

They also have an amazing acoustic selection as well.

Hope you manage to get there and are able to try out some different models.

Have fun.

I have always offered this counsel, and I think it is appropriate here. "Buy the best guitar you can afford." You'll be happier in the long run and will do less mods.

If you only have the money for an SE, get the SE. It's a great guitar. You won't be settling. If you have the money for an S2, buy an S2. If you have the money for a used Core, get the used Core. And up the ladder it goes. I've never heard someone say, "I wish I hadn't paid for a Core", but I have many times heard someone say, "Now I'm saving up for a Core." In the long run, paying for what you really want is always worth it.

This is how I play it with any new tool or toy... buy the best you can legitimately afford. I mean without overextending credit. I look for something that is just beyond my current means as a form of discipline. That way I'll have to sacrifice a little something to prove it's what I really want. I like having to save up a little for similar reasons and because it makes the actual acquisition that much sweeter when it finally happens.

I'm really impressed with the S2, I honestly think it's possibly the most underrated guitar out there. They aren't quite as pretty as a core model but omg do they play like butter. I got an S2 Standard 24 for a friend last xmas and we were both blown away by how much guitar you get for your money. The satins are less expensive but I like the finish better on the standards and customs. The gloss black Standard is pretty sweet looking.

Best of luck whichever way you go :)

This is how I play it with any new tool or toy... buy the best you can legitimately afford. I mean without overextending credit. I look for something that is just beyond my current means as a form of discipline. That way I'll have to sacrifice a little something to prove it's what I really want. I like having to save up a little for similar reasons and because it makes the actual acquisition that much sweeter when it finally happens.

I'm really impressed with the S2, I honestly think it's possibly the most underrated guitar out there. They aren't quite as pretty as a core model but omg do they play like butter. I got an S2 Standard 24 for a friend last xmas and we were both blown away by how much guitar you get for your money. The satins are less expensive but I like the finish better on the standards and customs. The gloss black Standard is pretty sweet looking.

Best of luck whichever way you go :)

This is pretty much my philosophy. I know that the SE 245 would be a great choice but I would probably want to trade up after a couple of years or upgrade it in some way. I took a hit when I traded the Taylor and I will take another when I trade the Strat so my thinking is to seriously look at the S2 singlecut, the non standard with a sunburst finish. As I'm retired I have to think carefully before spending money on a hobby!

Back