Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
Put some new covers up on the server today (all recorded on Thursday)! Give a listen if you are up for it!! All available at my Studio Live page, titles and images below are linked directly to the individual songs!!!

"Rebels" by Tom Petty

"Daughter Of The Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield (original is Son Of The Preacher Man, but I did not want to sing it that way so I gender modified it, not sure what you call that in this day and age)!

"When I'm President" by Ian Hunter - This is the title track from his 2012 album which I think is excellent. If you never heard that album, do check it out top to bottom. If you listen to only one song, listen to "Fatally Flawed" (which I have not yet worked out on guitar)!!!

I especially like that you remain true to your own style, even when you're doing a cover. It's great that you don't try to sound like anyone else. It's one of the things I liked about Tom Petty; he was always himself.

And like Dylan, you have a unique voice, and deliver a tune well.

I especially like that you remain true to your own style, even when you're doing a cover. It's great that you don't try to sound like anyone else. It's one of the things I liked about Tom Petty; he was always himself.

And like Dylan, you have a unique voice, and deliver a tune well.
Thanks László, not interested in being anything but self and it has been so much fun! Finding my "voice" is what the past two years have been about, but I think I am there!! I think you will really enjoy the Dylan stuff when I get some of those takes up here. Been doing "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream", "Shelter From The Storm", "Highway 61 Revisited", "Like A Rolling Stone", "It's All Over Now Baby Blue" and a few others. Only problem with his material is, I still need a lyrical cue at the beginning of each verse until I get them fully memorized, so at this point, I am still reaching over to the touch screen to line the lyrics up with where I am at on song. Can't get the scrolling speeds just right, need to find some other software or fully memorize these "many verse" songs, which I am working at by playing them once each day. It will happen, but when there are 6, 8, 10 verses, I often forget the order they come in and need cues for that ;~)) Thanks for the kind words!!!

Good stuff! I vote for Daughter of a Preacher Man. Sounds like you're having a blast with this and the AI artwork. Keep it up!

Good stuff! I vote for Daughter of a Preacher Man. Sounds like you're having a blast with this and the AI artwork. Keep it up!
I am truly in musical heaven at this point in my life! The rest of my life, let's just say I'd rather not talk about it!! Thanks for the kind words and listening!!!

Thanks László, not interested in being anything but self and it has been so much fun! Finding my "voice" is what the past two years have been about, but I think I am there!! I think you will really enjoy the Dylan stuff when I get some of those takes up here. Been doing "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream", "Shelter From The Storm", "Highway 61 Revisited", "Like A Rolling Stone", "It's All Over Now Baby Blue" and a few others. Only problem with his material is, I still need a lyrical cue at the beginning of each verse until I get them fully memorized, so at this point, I am still reaching over to the touch screen to line the lyrics up with where I am at on song. Can't get the scrolling speeds just right, need to find some other software or fully memorize these "many verse" songs, which I am working at by playing them once each day. It will happen, but when there are 6, 8, 10 verses, I often forget the order they come in and need cues for that ;~)) Thanks for the kind words!!!
There are hands-free, bluetooth pedal page-turners for various devices. Here's a link:

There are hands-free, bluetooth pedal page-turners for various devices. Here's a link:

Ha, have been looking at those and similar ones for a couple of months now, but was not thinking of using them for the page turning, good idea. I have been looking at them more for start/stop of recording, jump to next song in DAW, stuff like that. I think what I want to do though is just wait until I can afford a really nice (Master Mind, Voodoo Lab, others I can't remember name of) MIDI controller and I should be able to do the same with one of those. I sure wish my Fractal foot controller (12 switches) had these options, but it is not true MIDI and can only talk to the Fractal units (which I did not realize when I paid $700 or something for it). Thanks for the suggestion/link!

Back