Thoughts on the new 594

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I've been wanting to toss this question out here after seeing the Pierce Leese video comparing the new 594 with the 59 LP.

First, I'm still blown away how prs has nailed that tone with the new 594. So the question is this. Will the new 594 cause 59 LP prices to come back to earth???

Think about it.

I've been wanting to toss this question out here after seeing the Pierce Leese video comparing the new 594 with the 59 LP.

First, I'm still blown away how prs has nailed that tone with the new 594. So the question is this. Will the new 594 cause 59 LP prices to come back to earth???

Think about it.

Has the Silver Sky caused the price of 63/64 Strats to drop?

I want to see a comparison now between the new Double Cut 594 and the Single Cut. The Single Cut has the 58/15 LT+ Pick-ups which have been introduced to offset the difference with the neck and body joint. I want to know that the new Double Cut will sound the same as the Single Cut and therefore, also sound like the 59 LP in that video.

I don't think it will impact on prices as part of the price is the historical and rarity value. Its still going to be difficult to find a vintage LP but now the tone is within reach of many more. The price of a core isn't in reach of everyone and you wouldn't want to take a $400k vintage LP out on the road. A 594 though is likely to stand up to the rigours of touring and be more stable too. I can see 59 LP's possibly becoming rarer as people retire them as an asset instead of a working instrument. I don't mean that they never get played but that they are mostly kept in special collections and rarely played because their 594 is being used in the studio and on tour now

I've noticed that the asking prices for PRS guitars has gone through the roof since 2011 and they seem to still be going up. Way up. Fast.

Has the Silver Sky caused the price of 63/64 Strats to drop?

I want to see a comparison now between the new Double Cut 594 and the Single Cut. The Single Cut has the 58/15 LT+ Pick-ups which have been introduced to offset the difference with the neck and body joint. I want to know that the new Double Cut will sound the same as the Single Cut and therefore, also sound like the 59 LP in that video.

I don't think it will impact on prices as part of the price is the historical and rarity value. Its still going to be difficult to find a vintage LP but now the tone is within reach of many more. The price of a core isn't in reach of everyone and you wouldn't want to take a $400k vintage LP out on the road. A 594 though is likely to stand up to the rigours of touring and be more stable too. I can see 59 LP's possibly becoming rarer as people retire them as an asset instead of a working instrument. I don't mean that they never get played but that they are mostly kept in special collections and rarely played because their 594 is being used in the studio and on tour now

Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think the SS was intended to duplicate the strat you're referring to but exceed it.

It just seems to me that in the video I mentioned it is incredible how much the 594 sounds like the 59.

I really don't know what to think about the 594 impacting the 59LP values but it is interesting to read everybody's opinion.

Hello there !
I ve ordered a private stock 594 a few months ago
It is expected to be delivered in april (of course it will be later )
Do you think i should ask for the new pickups ?
I already have a 594 and love the pickups as they are ... but i will be very in need of a video comparaison ...

New ones, you mean?

Absolutely.

I used to have a strict rule. NEVER pay more than $4000.00 for a guitar. Now days MSRP or MAP (whatever you want to call it) is routinely crossing over that mark. I use the price of my 11/11/11 Custom 24 when it was brand new as a reference point. When I bought it as a GC, it was the most expensive and best looking PRS that store had in stock, and the selling price began with the number 2.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

I used to have a strict rule. NEVER pay more than $4000.00 for a guitar. Now days MSRP or MAP (whatever you want to call it) is routinely crossing over that mark. I use the price of my 11/11/11 Custom 24 when it was brand new as a reference point. When I bought it as a GC, it was the most expensive and best looking PRS that store had in stock, and the selling price began with the number 2.

I've noticed DGT has gone up in the used market the last 3 years. It seems you used be able to pick one up for under 2k but not any more.

The tulip tuners and TCI-tuned 58/15 LTs make a big difference...to people like me lol

For sure, chasing “The Burst” tone is a lucrative business model for guitar manufacturers.

I've noticed DGT has gone up in the used market the last 3 years. It seems you used be able to pick one up for under 2k but not any more.

They’re still out there for less, but get snapped up real quick.

Absolutely.

Everything’s getting more expensive... except Santana’s. Those seem to have dropped in price over the years beginning with the 25th anniversary ones.

I wonder if dealers with the 594s and the regular LT pickups will have problems getting rid of them now that the +pickups are going to be the standard?

Yep. PRS guitars are getting way, way expensive. I'm basically priced out of the core lineup, unless I want to live incredibly frugally for 6 months or whatever. My last PRS was the silver sky, which is reasonably priced, but my last core was my used SC245, which I still paid $3500 for (CDN). That's a lot for a 10 year old guitar.

In 2011 I bought a core studio model for $2700 CDN. Now the core CU24 (pretty similar model) starts in at $4700 CDN (non 10 top). The 35th anniv Cu24 is $5600 CDN (with a 10 top).

I think I will end up getting a core model at some point, but after that I think I am not going to be able to afford more PRS guitars. Also, I simply don't like the SE or S2 line (except maybe the Vela).

PRS are a big company, and getting bigger, and their core wait time is only going to go up, which means their prices are only going to keep going up. Good for them, but not for me.

Back